The Beginning

family
(noun)

A bunch of weird creatures living, laughing, crying, and loving their way through life together. Does not have to be blood related. It's the people who want you in theirs; the ones who accept for who you are.

__

|

"The Beginning."

I first met you when I was 8, the day you moved in because my parents had decided to rent out the spare rooms in our house since it's huge and lonely as I'm the only child.

We greeted you at the front door. I stood beside my mom and felt little shy, so I kept my head low all the time.

"Nice to meet you, Mr and Mrs Kang." I heard your sweet sweet voice that sent chills of excitement up my spine. From your voice, I instantly looked up to stare at you.

You spotted me glaring at you, then our eyes locked like magnets.

Back then, I had only thought that you were really chubby and cute.

Without thinking twice, I yelled at you, "Mochi!"

My parents stunned while you hanged your mouth agape in disbelief. My mom chuckled in embarrassment, "W-What?"

Then I pointed at you again, "He looks like a Mochi."

All of you went blank for a second, taking a second to contemplate my statement, then bursted out laughing.

You bent down closer to me and smiled a sweet, gentle smile, "I look like a Mochi?"

I smiled and nodded in excitement. You laughed while your eyes formed crescents, "What's your name, little girl?"

"Kang Hana." I answered obediently, "What about yours?"

You were hesitant for awhile, then snickered and joked, "Park Mochi~"

And after a long time, I finally knew your real name.

Jimin.

___

Housemate
Written by dear_mousse

𑁍

Housemate is about a shared house consisting 9 people - working adults and college student of different ages and gender.

This is a bittersweet story about growing, tears and love.

So um, enjoy the ride!