04: Triggered

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Years ago.

"Is this your little sister?" A unfamiliar female voice asked, "So cute!"

After I opened the door, I found a lady inside Jimin's room. She was probably same age as him.

I stared at the two of them blankly, being treated like a display doll.

The lady slightly bent down, smiling, "Does Jiminie treat you well?"

...Jiminie?

"Of course!" Jimin turned around with a massive grin, "Hana, this is-"

The next second, all they could hear was my crying and yelling.

I was too young and didn't understand what this strange feeling was.

So I cried. To let him come back and play with me.

"Aigo, what happen?" Jimin laughed nervously. He carried me up and soothed me, but I kept sobbing.

"Sorry... could you go home first?" He asked the lady with an apologetic look.

After the lady left the room, Jimin caressed my hair softly and chuckled, "Don't cry Hana~ No one can replace you."

---

Present.

"What's for breakfast?" Eve entered the dining room with her new dyed blonde hair.

"Wow," I gasped as soon I saw her new hair colour, "You look stunning."

"Aw~" Eve giggled, touching her hair, "It suits me?"

"Nope," Jungkook dissed, sitting on the bar drinking his milk, "You look like an ahjumma."

"Ouch, that hurts." Jungsoo pretended to cry.

She hissed," Shut up bunnies."

"Today's breakfast is egg toast sandwich kids," my mom brought out a tray of sandwiches and we gathered to the table.

Jungkook's eyes sadden when he saw the sandwich and whined, "Ugh auntie, but I want pancake~"

"Be grateful and eat," I spat and he pouted. I grabbed one of the sandwich and got up from my seat, "I'm heading school, bye!"

I hung the sandwich on my mouth, staring at the stairs awhile, wondering if Jimin would come down.

Is he still sleeping? He's usually one of the earliest to come down though....

Throwing away the thought, I left the house and went off to school.

---

I barely paid any attention at school today.

School had already dismissed and I found myself heading back home with my best friend, Yeha.

"So how's your birthday celebration last night?" Yeha asked, her face full of excitement. "You're officially eighteen now! You can go get a tattoo, drink alcohol, buy cigarettes or tobacco..." she went on and on.

"Nah," I sighed softly, "I don't want any of this."

I just want to be with him.

All this time, I wanted to grow older faster so badly, always dreaming to turn 18 soon. But after Jimin's response last night, disappointment overwhelmed me. Perhaps he had forgotten about what he said.

"Hey, are you okay?" Yeha nudged me, "You look so down the whole day. Is is about Jimin again?"

"No, it's not..." I trailed off, looking away as we arrived at my house.

Before putting our shoes into the shoe cabinet, Yeha noticed something.

"Damn, what are thossee?" She yelled, catching my attention. She pointed at a pair of red high heels and laughed, "6 inch high heels? Who wears that? Is it even wearable?"

I sensed something isn't right.

Mom hates high heels. Eve and Seo Dan never really wears them, so does I.

I watched my own hands struggled against the door as they pushed it open, and bursted into the house.

"Yah, Kang Hana wait for me-"

I instantly stopped moving after my eyes landed on a stranger. Someone I doesn't know at least.

The lady is in her mid 30s. She had heavy makeup with a red lip that only made her appeal paler. She's wearing a blazer, blouse and mini skirt which made me figured out she's an office lady.

The lady was sitting on the couch with Jimin, probably discussing about something as he kept staring at the files.

But there's one thing that made my blood boiled. The lady was obviously flirting with him. Her hands rubbed against his shoulders softly even though he kept dodging her.

I clenched my jaw, turning away.