15: Honey Night

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

The clock was ticking on the wall and Jimin swear the time was slowing down.

He's trapped in his office - beeping sounds of paper machines and rapid taps of keyboard typing, telephone ringing and colleagues bickering about their workload.

All day long he had been sitting at his desk, paper work piling higher and higher. He hasn't been sleeping well and he couldn't really remember when did he get so immersed into his work.

Am I working for a living or am I living for work? He sighed.

Soon the clock strikes 6, he heard the familiar high heels clicking and clacking coming from the Boss, Ms Jang.

"Just received a call from our client. They have decided to accept our first proposal," Ms Jang announced, standing in the middle of all workers. "All of you can leave now. Enjoy your Friday night."

Everyone immediately packed up their things, leaving the office ad they cheered. "Happy Weekend!"

Ms Jang waited for everyone to leave, then wiggled towards Jimin in her high heels. "Mr Park," she called, standing in front of his workplace. "You've been really hardworking these days."

"Oh, thank you!" He slightly bowed for her compliment.

She tapped her fingers, "You know, I'm impressed at your performance since the day you joined us. You're sharp, efficient and capable," she paused for a moment, smiling, "just what our headquarters need."

"Eh?" Jimin raised his eyebrows.

"Our headquarters in Paris are looking for a representative from Seoul to be on board for their International R&D Team. You're the right person for it."

"Oh wow-" he breathed, "That's interesting... and sudden."

"Mmhmm," Ms Jang nodded, "You'll be working with top researchers and partnering with various companies. Plus, you get to move over to Paris and experience a luxurious life there!"

Moving to Paris?

Jimin was taken aback by the offer, slowly he shook his head and denied, "Thank you for the offer boss, but I'm comfortable working here actually..."

"What?" She exhaled sharply, couldn't believe the fact that he declined. "Are you sure? Jimin, this is an amazing opportunity for you!"

"Yes I know, but I really do enjoy working and living here. The people I love are all here with me."

"The people you love? You mean the ones in your shared house?" Ms Jang narrowed her eyes, and Jimin nodded.

She sighed, messaging her temples and said, "Look, I'm not being harsh but.... you can't live with them forever, they are not even your real family!"