第四回 V

Knock knock.

Renjun gave the door a few knocks as he reached Byusong's house. Nobody answered and so he decided to open the door gently.

The house was empty. Nobody was home and everything was turned off. Renjun made his way upstairs, figuring that Byusong's room might be there.

He checked each of the rooms until he found his friend's room. He opened the door to Byusong's room and laid her on her bed.

Renjun looked around and he window was closed. He opened the window for fresh air to enter inside. The room was silent and Renjun liked it since nothing can disturb Byusong's sleep.

Renjun's eyes trailed around her room and one thing in particular caught his attention the most. A picture of him and Byusong together.

Renjun looked at the picture closely. It was a picture of him and Byusong at which looks like, an ice cream shop. Both of them were holding their ice cream with a big smile on their face.

And that photo was taken two years ago.

Renjun still had his snaggle tooth that Byusong used to like a lot since he looked like a little kid. But for Byusong, she was still the same happy girl. And was still Renjun's big crush.

Renjun shook his head, returning back to his senses. He needed to return to school since he didn't want to miss more lessons than he should've been.

"Get well soon, Byusong."

Renjun said with a soft tone. He later grabbed his things, ready to leave. Before he could leave her alone, he grabbed a sticky note and wrote a small message. He stuck it near her table, hoping she would read it when she wakes up.

He later grabbed his things and toom one last glance. His lips formed a smile and left her room quietly.

•-/-\-•

"Mr. Huang, care to explain why you're late?"

Ms. Kim asked as she eyed at the innocent boy standing at the door. Renjun came up infront and gave her the permit the nurse signed.

"Oh, well, take your seat then. But make sure to catch up in our lesson."

Ms. Kim instructed making Renjun nod his head. Renjun was tired and he didn't want to listen to the teacher. He later took out his pen and his notebook.

His eyes trailed outside the window, thinking of what he should write. His mind gathered a bunch of thoughts..

and it was all related or about Byusong

He couldn't take her off his mind. It came to the point that Renjun asked himself on why Byusong wasn't tired of running.. running across his mind.

He cringed at his little thought and scrunched his nose out of embarrassment, embarrassed that he managed to think of that somewhat pick-up line.

But soon, the edge of the pencil finally meet the sheets of paper from his notebook. He finally knew what to write.

The sunset melts into the waves,
the colors fade into the sea,
and it makes me wonder,
if you'd ever drown in love with me.