ThunderHorse

The bed shifts a bit, the sheets sliding over with the movement. Skwisgaar sits up in bed, rubbing the back of his neck for a second before turning back to me.

"Oh, sorrys. I didn'ts means to wake you," he whispers. I shake my head, "It's fine."

The light from the window comes in dull and gloomy, taking away from the normal brightness of the room. It must be incredibly overcast to make this room seem dark. I sit up with a small groan and pick up my jacket from the floor, putting on my shoes after laying it beside myself on the bed.

"Did you wants me to takes you home?"

"Oh, that would be great, thanks."

I'm not sure how I should talk to him. Should I treat him like his typical pretentious self? Or has he changed that? I brush it off as he leads me down the halls of his and his band's home. It's hard to ignore how incredibly tense the atmosphere is. Not necessarily uncomfortable. It's more like anticipating the other to make the first attempt at conversation.

It'd be nice to think we don't really hate each other. I'm not sure we did in the first place. Maybe just a slight dislike of each other? I think I'm over thinking things. He's being nice, I should enjoy it. One thing's for sure, though. This has most certainly escalated from a one night stand.

We pass by the recording studio I met Nathan and the others in. I've never gotten around to listening to their band. I've never been a metal kind of girl, anyway. More alternative rock, blues, stuff like that. Maybe it was an attempt at trying not to care. Either way, I think I'm past that now.

"I've never seen you play," I blurt out, already feeling my face redden with embarrassment. At what, I'm not too sure. Maybe just the thought of showing him I think about him.

"A-are you any good?" I stutter out, deciding to stick with my statement. He shrugs, trying to conceal a small grin. "I suppose I ams alsright."

"Wants me to shows you?" he asks.

"Sure, why not?"

---

"You never heards Dethklok before?" he asks for confirmation, plugging a wire into his guitar. I shake my head in response, to which he chuckles.

"I'll plays ThunderHorse."

He begins to play, his fingers easily finding their places. Although I myself don't know much about the instrument, this guy is incredible. The song itself isn't half bad, either. His eyes stay open while he plays, although they only meet mine for a split second, as if to see whether or not I'm impressed. There's no point in hiding it, I am. Every other time his gaze just seems to wander. Its clear to see he loves it. It seems to humanize him even more to me.

As the song ends and he stops playing, I allow myself to laugh a bit. "Alright? I'd say you're more than just alright."

"I didn'ts wants to brag, but I ams the world's fastest guitarist," he states, placing his guitar down beside himself. He doesn't say it in a cocky tone, either. It seems casual to him. This, of course, comes as a shock to me. I can't help but relish in the thought of having caught the attention of someone so famous. It doesn't last long, though.

"Does you plays anythings?" he asks.

"Nah, I'm not really the musical type. I have kinda wanted to learn, just never got around to it."

He thinks for a second, looking down at his guitar. "I coulds teach you... If you wants."

His eyes pierce into my own, and it takes everything in me not to refuse, "I'll think about it."

"Trusts me," one of his bandmates walks into the room with us, "You don'ts wants him as a teacher. He'll just yells ats you even if you do the rights thing."

Skwisgaar quickly scowls at the man then shakes his head as if to brush him off. "Don'ts minds him, that ams Toki. He doesn't evens practice. We shoulds go now."

He places his hand on my back and guides me out of the room, turning his head to likely throw another glare towards Toki. They both have similar accents, but Toki's voice is much higher than Skwisgaar's. Almost childish.

"He doesn't knows what's he ams talking about," Skwisgaar mumbles, obviously still upset over the brief encounter with his bandmate.

"Maybe I'll stop by sometime," I say to ease his mind. He tries not to show it but I can see the smallest smile tug at his lips.