End

I don't think I fully understood what I was doing back there. I have nowhere to go. My house has been sold, I'm unemployed. What did I do?

The cold air dries the tears on my face quickly, but that only brings more about. It was easier to keep it together in front of him. He was the one who taught me how to be strong, after all. Now, though, I can't stop myself from sobbing as I walk down the street. A part of me, it's gone.

One week later

I don't want to go outside. The sun shines brightly, the birds sing their songs. I feel dead. Wrapped up in bed, laying in the dark all day, I may as well be buried right now. Someone get the hearse.

I can't stay at this motel forever, and quite frankly I don't want to. Leaving just doesn't have many benefits at the moment. Why leave when there's everything anyone could ever want here?

God, I'm a fucking mess.

I slowly get back to crying, something that occurs every few hours. The idea that I messed up yet again hurts. The fact that it wasn't his decision hurts more. We had the chance to run off together. Why did I leave him?

He would have suffered if we stayed together. His band would have suffered. I guess you could say I helped in that aspect. It's just not enough. To love and to be loved, it's so much different than anything I'd ever felt before. It's gone. I lost it.

A loud thud rattles the room. I jump, searching for the source of the sound. Another two thuds follow, both coming from the window. A shadow stands on the other side, both hands pressed against the glass. I gradually make my way over and pull the curtains open.

"What the fuck?" I nearly scream, stumbling back at the sight of the redhead drummer. He presses his face against the glass, hands cupped around his eyes.

"Why are you here?" I yell.

"What?" he yells back.

"Why. Are. You-- Nevermind, I'm coming out," I drop the blanket and put on my shoes. I step outside to see him waiting by the window, arms crossed and foot tapping.

"What do you want?" I ask irritably. Seeing his face makes my blood boil. They, in some ways, led to the end of my relationship.

"You shouldn't be so mad," he says, "I got good news."

The blinding rage that approaches dies out as the words leave his mouth. News? Good news, to be specific. I know what I want it to be, although I'm still unsure of what it actually is.

"Well?"

He nods, "Oh, right. Gotta actually show you."

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a piece of paper, reading off of it in a bland tone.

"Beatrice. I ams very sorrys. I messdeds up... And... You ams... Screw this, he's in the bus," he points behind himself and crumples up the note.

My heart skips a beat. I don't care how stupid I look, I'm almost running full speed to the large bus down the street. Before the door is within 5 feet of myself it opens.

His hair, his eyes, his face. Him. He's there. Everything I remember, it seems like I only saw it years ago. So I stand there and take in his presence.

"Bea," he says. The sound of my name on his voice, the fact that he's not mine, it taunts me. "Pickle read the note?" he asks.

"Kind of," I say breathlessly, "I got the gist of it."

"I really am sorrys... We fixed things..."

I don't let him say anything else. I only pull myself towards him and bury my face in his chest like I did before. He embraces back, tighter than ever.

"I'm sorry, too," I mutter. We don't have to say anything else, though. Everything's there. There's no way I could have left him. He means so much to me. He eventually grabs my face with both hands and plants a kiss on my lips.

Everyone knows the saying. If you love someone, let them go. But if they come back, they're yours to keep.
-
-
-
-
-
Thanks for making it to the end! This story was kind of hard for me, especially since I lost inspiration for a while. I did make it to the finish, though. I don't give up that easily.

As said previously, I've also been working on an original story. It's called I'm No Criminal and as of right now (7-13-19) there are quite a few chapters that have been released. Evelyn Hawkins, the main character, becomes a wanted criminal after the murder of a man who ends up being a very important person in the crime world. It would mean a lot to me if you could check it out, I've put a ton of effort into it. It also has a little romance in it, if that's your thing.

Thank you so much for reading!