The First Goodbye

The two of us take the long walk back to the car, his hand rests gently on my waist. The entire way down we make jokes to each other, continue telling stories, almost anything that comes to mind.

We get back into the car, taking in the warmth with great relief. Well, maybe mostly just me. Skwisgaar takes off his jacket and tosses it into the back seat. I do the same, expect I place mine on the seat. He starts driving just as the sun sinks below the horizon.

"We ams going on tour soons," he says after a while.

"That's great," is all I can think to reply with. I don't want him to go. Not now. Not when I'm just starting to care for him. "How long will you be gone?"

His eyes are locked on the road, avoiding my gaze. He shrugs, "We leaves for three months on Sunday."

It's already Friday. Three months is a long time. He knows that, too. What would I do in the meantime? Before my brain can comprehend it much further he asks the same thing I'm thinking.

"Wills you wait for me?"

I'd miss him, no doubt. The thing is, we haven't been together long, if we are actually together. Would it be worth it? If I said no it wouldn't take long for me to get over him, maybe a few days before its not on my mind. If I say yes I have to trust he'll wait for me, too. He's the most desirable of the band. So many girls are itching to let him into their pants. It sounds disgusting when I think about it.

"I'll wait for you," I say. "Can I see you tomorrow?"

His smile fades a bit as he shakes his head. Is this my last chance to make a lasting memory with him, then? I can't let him go yet. I don't think it would satisfy either of us.

"Pull over," I say quietly. He furrows his brows in confusion but still complies. Once the car comes to a stop I lean over and press my lips onto his. His hands quickly find their place on my waist. Before it can continue I pull away and climb into the back seat. He follows with a stupid grin that's hard for me not to laugh at.

The kiss resumes, his hands sliding down to my thighs. We only break away to take off shirts and pants.

---

I rest my head on top of Skwisgaar's chest, his arms keeping me close to him. It may not be the most comfortable situation, me laying on top of him, but it's better than if we hadn't done this. If we had just gone home without any sort of reassurance.

"Should we go home soon?" I ask.

"We coulds, or I can enjoys this for just a littles bit longer."

So him and I lay together for what seems like only minutes, even though it's been nearly an hour by the time we get up. Redressing is only slightly awkward, being contained in such a small space. We laugh about it anyway.

I know I'll miss him, but something inside me knows I can trust him. Maybe if he had announced this before tonight I wouldn't have thought that. This experience, seeing a different side of him... He continues to surprise me. Not even his actions. Him. Never would I have thought he'd turn out to be so great. There's really no other way to put it. He's just great.

When we finally pull up to my house its well past midnight. He walks me to my door, stopping as I begin to step inside.

"Hey," he says as I reach for the door. "This ams the part wheres I passionately kiss you goodbye."

"Sorry," I say through a giggle. I wrap my arms around his neck and accept the last kiss I'll get from him for a while.

"While you're out there, ya'know... Don't forget about me."

He continues to hold me close, smiling down at me. "Not possible," he says. His hand quickly slips in and out of my jeans pocket and he places a kiss on my forehead. I watch as he walks back to his car and drives off. It's only when he's out of sight that I reach into my pocket and pull out what he left there. He must've planned on this, since what I find is a white guitar pick with my name on it.