Beginning of an Issue

Loud voices only sound like mumbles from my side of the door. One of which I recognize as Skwisgaar's, the other belonging to Pickles. I hadn't noticed he wasn't in bed until I heard the yelling from down the hall, which gradually got louder as they got closer. Now they probably stand only feet away from the door, screaming at each other. Eventually the door flies open and Skwisgaar begins to pack up his guitar.

"Get up, we ams leaving."

-One Month Earlier-

"Move in?" I ask, slightly confused as to how quickly and randomly the subject came up. He nods, still focusing his gaze somewhere across the bedroom.

"I woulds get to sees you more," he says. "And, also, you wouldn't haves to stays at that house anymore. You says you wanted to leave."

"Oh, I'm not going to use you to get out of my house."

"It ams not using if I came up with the idea," he smirks, turning towards me.

Move in. With Skwisgaar. Normally I find myself to be more hesitant to agree to these sorts of things. Now, however, the idea of living with him makes me smile. I've never felt closer to him, and after thinking about it for a second I realize how clear my mind has been since I met him. Choices have gotten easier, he even convinced me to quit my job the other day since he knew how unhappy I was there.

"In that case," I say while mirroring his cocky grin, "I'd love to."

He definitely was not wrong when he said he'd get to see me more. I don't think I realized how much time he practiced when I wasn't around. It seems like now, with me here, he takes more breaks, stops by to check on me more. I've spent most of my time painting, observing things throughout his home and sketching them. Really anything creative.

Today I sit in the recording studio with him and the rest of the band. Every minute he isn't needed is spent by my side. I have to admit, I never expected to be so happy, or for him to be so kind.

"Skwisgaar," Pickles calls out, although Skwisgaar doesn't seem to hear over the sound of his own voice. I tap his chest and point to Pickles, which takes his attention away from the story he had been telling me.

"Time to record?" Pickles says in a condescending tone, in turn causing an irritated scowl to cross Skwisgaar's face briefly. He gets up, though, and makes his way into the large recording room. His part is played rather quickly, in only two takes, being that he actually played too fast the first time around. He steps out and places his guitar on the stand.

"There," he says. "Happys now?"

"Hey, what's going on with you two?" I whisper to him in reference to his passive aggressive attitude towards his band mate. He only shrugs before his oddly vague response, "Things have been weird."

"Mind elaborating?"  I ask, forcing a short giggle at the end that really just sounds dry and sarcastic.

He strokes my hair away from my face and places a kiss on my cheek. "It's nothing you haves to worries about," he says, likely noticing my concern for him, which normally does come out in sarcasm. At least he actually understands what I mean when I say these things.

So with these thoughts I forget the ones prior, laying my head on his shoulder and watching the rest of the band play their instruments. The thing that does bring me back to the subject for a second is the odd glare I receive from Nathan as our eyes make contact. The way his brows come together in frustration, his mouth turning into the smallest frown, I can tell that whatever this is has something to do with me.
-
-
-
-
This chapter was short and for that I apologize. I haven't been too inspired for the past week but I knew I had to put something out, they will get longer in the future though. Thanks!