No More Mistakes Part 1

***SEVERE TRIGGER WARNING***

A/N- This takes place after the events with the SQUIP, Michael and Jeremy are also a couple here already. Also, if self-harm or anything like that upsets you, please don't read this. If you get uncomfortable at any time, PLEASE leave this chapter. Don't push yourselves if you get flashbacks or if it hurts to read. This is one part of a multi part series. Also, I promised this chapter forever ago, so I'm super sorry it came this lateeee, I love you all so much

Michael POV

I was far away when I got the text from Jeremy, reading 'I have no clue what time it is there, but can we talk?'

At the time, I was at an Ice Nine Kills concert in San Diego with weed pumping through my head so I didn't read the text until the next morning. 'damn. yeah, sorry, what's up?' I responded, thinking it was just a random thing. But ohhh boy. I was wrong.

'It's just the whole SQUIP thing. It's honestly getting me really down lately. I hurt so many people, including you!'

I frowned and wiped my eyes. I was still pretty stoned. 'What happened wasn't your fault Jer, it could have happened to anyone! Plus, it's all in the past now.' I knew Jeremy, and this wasn't like him, sure sometimes he had his rut of depression, but we all have that!

'It's... hard to explain... I guess I just feel so bad... I fell for a ploy, hurt my family, and was just a general douche.'

I frowned. 'Jer, don't be too hard on yourself. We all forgave you a while ago.'

'I know, I know... I honestly just don't even know if I should even be here...'

My eyebrows furrowed together. I knew exactly what that meant. 'hey hey hey, babe. Don't be so hard on yourself. You should be here.'

After not seeing the little typing bubble for about 15 seconds, I started to get worried. I shot a text to Christine.

'hey Christine, you're a hellava lot closer to Jer right now, could you swoop by and check on him for me? I'm honestly worried he might... try something'

'Try what??'

When I was typing back, I got a text from Jeremy. 'I just...I can't hurt people anymore if I'm gone right? Babe, you'll live when I'm gone right?'

Panic sparked in my heart, the effects of the weed suddenly disappeared, everything became crystal clear. I muttered fuck about 30 times under my breath as I spam called Christine.

"Michael?? What's wrong??" Christine asked, panic filling her voice.

"JeremyisgoingtotryandkillhimselfyougottagetoverthereNOW," I said frantically, throwing everything into my suitcases.

"WHAT?!?!?" She said, and I knew she understood.

"Don't fucking question it, just haul ass and get over there.."

Christine hung up as I zipped up my suitcase, running out of the hotel room and getting to the airport. I bought a ticket for the first plane back home. A few hours later they started boarding the plane. I climbed on, anxiety coursing through my veins. There was a window seat in the very front, a perfect steal. I sat down right away and threw my headphones onto my head. Breathing slowly in an attempt to wrangle my heart rate. My eyes fluttered shut after a little while, my heart rate slowing down.

*Time skip because it's just a plane ride XD*

My eyes shot open as we jolted to a landing, the wheels screaming. I quickly turned off the airplane mode on my phone as messages rolled in. They were mostly from christine, comfirming she was on her way, or that she was there, or...or that she was locked out and couldn't get in... there was one from Jeremy reading 'I love you so much Michael. Carry on without me'. A cold chill shuddered down my spine and I ran off the plane, grabbed my luggage and ran out to my car. I drove to jeremy's as fast as I could, where Christine was still slaming her fists down on the door. Fumbling for my key as I ran, I managed to find it and use my wildly shaking hand to open the door. My phone buzzed dully in my pocket, but I was too far out of it to realize, or even feel anything but fear and raw adrenalline. The door popped open as she and I ran inside, searching the house up and down, looking for anything. I propped oped the door of the bathroom, and there he was. Jeremy lay in the bathtub, the water clouded with blood, his wrists split open. Christine ran by me, skidding to a halt as she saw me standing there. My heart had stopped, as I stood there unable to do anything. Christine shrieked and made a mad grab for her phone. Tears started falling from my eyes, half of my mind frozen, the rest of it screaming for me to move, for Jeremy to move or do anything to let me know he is still alive. Christine called 911, but time flashed by so fast that they seemed here in seconds, carting away my world on a stretcher. Still in shock, I stumbled forward, seeing the knife that Jeremy used to take himself away from me. Reaching forward, wrapping my hands around the handle of the blade, I lifted it slowly. When I lifted, I didn't stop until I held it level to my neck. Beginning to apply pressure and drag it slowly, I felt Christine rip the knife away from me as I saw the tears brimming in her eyes. The cut on my neck was only deep enough to draw some blood, but nowhere near close enough to kill me. What a shame. Everything was blurred and streaked. I couldn't feel anything. Christine dragged me into the police car as they drove us to the hospital, but I couldn't see anything clearly. That image of Jeremy lying there, possibly dead, kept on flashing in my mind.