6

warning: explicit party content, swearing, kissing, alcohol, drunk teenagers, all that
word count: 3625 words of a slow burn because im going away for a week and i have to make up for it lol
song: HOME N AWAY - 3k, Agung Mango

there was no denying that tati mcquay lived in the richer part of west covina. it was the area wherein the trees were trimmed to perfection, the cars were in garages, and the houses all look uniformly expensive and victorian.

people who lived here were the perfect hosts for house parties. free booze, big houses, great food, and cuter boys; what more do you want?

kaycee rice wanted to go home already after spotting the first puke man of the night, and it was barely reaching 9pm. but her friends were by her side, clinging to either arms.

"heard the dj's an australian cutie." tahani squealed, doing a little shake with her feet. "mcquay might be a bitch, but she's a good chooser."

bailey, the more manhater one, scoffed, kaycee laughing along with it. "i bet you ten dollars that tati's banging that dj in one way or another."

kaycee's eyes widened, slapping her friend's arm in response as they swerved a flying plastic cup above their heads. tati was a known — how do you say this — player but kaycee does not even want to think about it.

"kidding! we know tati's fuc—"

"ladies! ladies!"

it was as if julian pulled a magician act and popped out of nowhere infront of them, a woozy smile on his lips and a familiar red cup in hand. kaycee almost opened her mouth to ask about sean.

they haven't even entered the household.

"welcome, ladies! been looking everywhere for my best budd-buddies." julian winked, a sloppy one that looked more like a seizure symptom. "the drinks are awaiting!"

the three girls looked at each other before bursting into a fit of laughter. clearly, julian was a little far gone into the rabbit hole of a drunken mind state before the party could even reach its peak. it's nothing new, it just gets better every time.

"i think i-i.. uhh, wait." he suddenly laughed out loud, throwing an arm around tahani. "did i get here with a cap or not?"

"uhm," tahani pried him off. "don't ask me, honey booboo, ask your girlfriend. where's chloe?"

"upstairs."

"then we're going upstairs." tahani looked at the two girls. "upstairs?"

kaycee shrugged, crossing her arms in self comfort. bailey held out a hand, "i'll just get myself a drink before i go up. kayc, want to come?"

the questioned girl only nodded, not really in the mood to face whatever there is upstairs. besides, it was slightly fun sightseeing on drunken teenagers gyrating on each other with no tomorrow.

opening the door was like opening a portal to a hot, hot, stuffy hell.

loud rap music boomed from the all-around speakers. lights streamed everywhere. red cups were on the floor. west covina teenagers were a sea of sweaty dancing bodies on the middle. people were making out by the sofas. friends were chattering, and hollering, and cheering, and laughing at the beerpong table. some were already vomitting. drinks were going around.

it was straight out of a movie. it was already the wildest party of the year.

"kaycee! bailey!" tahani shouted over the music, one of her hands holding julian by the arm while the other pointed to the staircase. "upstairs! see you there!"