Kindness

"Good morning lovely" she said.
I just stared at her and smiled trying not to make things as awkward as possible. Of course knowing me that wouldn't be an easy thing to do.
"Well would you like some breakfast love?" She asked trying to be nice. She smiled back waiting for a response.
"Oh um yes please." I started to get out of bed. "Hedwig told me there is cereal?" I asked but as soon as I tried to stand up and use my bad leg it gave out again and I started to fall.

It all happened so fast. But I didn't fall. She caught me. She was holding me. I could feel my face getting hotter. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. We stayed like that for a little while. She slowly sat me back down on the bed.

"No um sorry dear. Those are hedwig's special cereals- you know how the young ones are." She gave me a silly smile and rolled her eyes.
She started to speak again, "Butttttt I can make you a quick something." She stated with a smile.

"Oh you don't have to I don't want to be a bother." I said shyly with my face still pink.

"Hush now dear you aren't a bother at all. How do you like your eggs?"

"Scrambled.. p-please."

She stood in the door frame. "I prefer mine scrambled as well. Small world." She smiled and stuck her tongue out a little to be silly.

"Alright well love I'll get something going for you." She stated "oh I almost forgot. This is for being so good." She pulled out a tv remote from out of the drawer in the hallway.

She set it on the bed right next to me and left after a wink. I blushed again. Damnit. What is wrong with me. This person kidnapped me. This person KILLED people. I need serious help I thought to myself. But I've always known that. Ever since uncle... no. I'm not going to go there.

I kept my bad leg on the bed and stretched over to close the door. I then hobbled back over to the bed and turned on the tv.