The outfit

Hey guys.. tbh I'm not doing too good mentally because of this quarantine. In all honesty I have a history of self harm and writing about it is like my negative little coping skill. I'm sorry to have to bring you guys down before the story gets good but I am pre-warning you all that if I tell my therapist I am writing about it in this way I might have to discontinue. That would be my last option because this story is my favorite one that I've written so far. I've already written at least 3 more chapters and am somewhat piecing together an ending. I just wanted to let you guys know and I am so sorry to be letting you all down. Thank you for sticking with me this far. 💕

I turn off the shower and step out. My thighs hurt and stung but I'm used to it. The wound on my leg feels a little better after being cleaned with water. I sit down slowly on the towel on the toilet. Blood dripping from my thighs. I sit there with my hands in my head and silently cry to myself.
Suddenly I hear a soft knock at the door.
"Casey dear, are you okay?"
Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit. Say something SAY SOMETHING.
I wipe my face and sniffle gently.
"Um.. yeah.. I just. I'm.. I'm just having a hard time.."
"Aww sweetie do you need me to come in?" She said concerned.
At least she cares. He never did. When I would hurt myself my uncle would never care. In fact sometimes he would hurt me too. I was lost in thought. I didn't notice she was trying to open the door. It was locked but it snapped me back into reality.
"Oh um no I'm fine!!" I said with a shakey voice.
"Deary I want to come in please unlock the door."
"I don't have any clothes on!!" I blurted out
Dead silence. Awkward silence. Cold silence.
"...I'm sorry I yelled. I'm just." I said quietly.
I started crying again softly.
"Casey dear.. I can't imagine what you must be feeling. But I want to help as best as I can. I want to be there for you." She stated.
"Please, Casey, please put on the outfit and come out. I will be here waiting for you on your bed. Okay?"
"Okay.." I said almost whisper like but loud enough for her to hear me.
I wipe my face and stand up slowly and dry off my body with the towel. Thin lines of blood drip from the cuts on my legs as I stand up. I turn to the box and pick it up.

Oh. My. God.
I open the box and pull out a short, almost maid like, Cinderella looking dress that's light blue and.. fuck. STOPS ABOVE THE THIGHS.

I feel like I'm gonna pass out.
Besides why would they want me to wear this?? Why would SHE want me to wear this??

"Um, Patricia.."
"Yes dear? Have you tried it on? Do you like it??"
Oh no. I don't want hurt her feelings.
"Patricia.." I'm crying hard now
"I'm so sorry but can I have something else to wear please?"
"Aww Casey why are you crying hun? Unfortunately we don't have anything else to wear nothing else will fit you." She said (lying)

Patricia came up to the door and turned the knob that was still locked.
"Casey open the door please." She said in a soft yet serious tone
"Wait I don't have it on yet.. I'm still naked." I said embarrassed.
I knew if I told her the last part it might distract her. But I didn't want to think about that now.
Patricia stood there for a moment. And then she spoke.
"Casey please put it on. We need to talk."
"Okay"  I said defeated. Carefully I climbed into the dress. The cuts on my legs stung more than usual and I hissed.
"Dear are you alright?" She said
I was surprised she was staying this patient with me.
"It's just my leg.." I lied.
"Yes well we must bandage that up again as soon as you come out."
I took a deep breath.
"Patricia I did something bad.." fuck
"Casey what did you do are you okay??"
"Um.." I sniffled. Tears running down my face.
I looked in the mirror with the outfit on. You could obviously see the cuts. But it did make me wonder...
How would she react seeing me in this?.. 😳
"Patricia please don't be mad."
She sighed. "I will try my best not to."
I turned and grabbed the doorknob. Slowly I unlocked the door. Tears running down my face. I pulled the door open.

"I'm sorry."