The Expedition begins

Abel smiled as he walked by his older brother. His older brother, being the stronger of the two, was carrying their stuff to the ship. "Hey, look. Is that Smith?" A crew member asked. "That's him, all right. The old sea dog." Another replied. "Captain John Smith." A third said. "I've heard some amazing stories about him. But who's that with him?" "His crazy brother. He thinks you should talk to savages first." The second answered. "Are you coming on this voyage too?" First asked. "Of course he is, you half-wit." Second teased. "Ya can't fight Indians without John Smith." "That's right." John said. As he stood on a cannon as it was lifted onto the ship. Abel just walked on the gangway. "I'm not about to let you boys have all the fun." Everyone just watched him. "That's my big brother. I'm Abel." Abel said holding out his hand. "Lon." The first said and shook Abel's hand. "Ben." Second said and did the same. "Thomas." The third said repeating the process. "Nice to meet you." Abel said. "And if you're worried about me talking to the natives, don't." He lifted the left side of his shirt, showing a pistol. "I can hold my own." Lon and Ben laughed. "Atta boy." Ben said and Abel walked over to his brother. "I think I like this crew." He told John. "Well of course. You're as gentle as can be but even the rowdiest of crews like ya." John told him. Then Abel stood by the railing waving as the governor walked on and the ship set off.
It was all good. Then a storm hit. Everyone was scrambling. Even Abel. They were trying to smooth it out. "Full anchor release!" Someone shouted. "Come on, lads! Come on!" Give me a hand, someone!" Ben yelled. Abel heard and ran over and grabbed the rope. He pulled with all his strength. "I'm here!" Abel yelled. "Thanks boy." Ben smiled. Watch out!" Someone yelled as Abel and the boys he helped were washed onto the deck. Abel hit his head on the railing. "Ow." He groaned. Then he fell unconscious.

Star-Crossed Lovers (Pocahontas)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara