Prisoner and an Early Morning Execution

Abel couldn't believe it. He heard falling in love was amazing. An ethereal experience. It's true. He's willing to be executed for Pocahontas. And now he's about to. Speaking of which. He felt a hand lifting his chin. When He opened his eyes, it was her. "Pocahontas." He said with a grin. She stroked his hair and grabbed his face. "I'm so sorry." Pocahontas said and rested herself against his chest. "For what? This?" Abel asked. "I've gotten out of worse. Of course I wasn't going to be executed, but I think you're worth it." "It would've been better if we'd never met." Pocahontas said and sat up. "None of this would've happened." "Pocahontas, look at me." Abel said. She did just that in sorrow. "You remember what I said? The second time we met?" He inquired. "I said I never belonged anywhere. That was true. You gave me somewhere to belong." "You also said I was more valuable than gold." Pocahontas said with a weak smile. "Which was true." Abel said as Pocahontas lost her smile. "I'd rather die tomorrow than live 100 years without knowing you." "Pocahontas." The Indian girl from before said and opened the flap. "I can't leave you." Pocahontas said and put a hand on the side of his face. "You never will." Abel said. "No matter what happens to me, I'll always be with you. Forever." Pocahontas stood up and slowly took her hand back and Abel watched her shadow as she left.

(Replace John with Abel.)

The next morning, Abel was about to be executed. Then he felt a weight on him. The chief stopped before he could hit him with his club. "No!" Pocahontas shouted from on top of Abel. Both just looked at the chief as with the settlers, no one noticed John starting to walk up to the cliff. "If you kill him, you'll have to kill me too." Pocahontas said. "Daughter,stand back." Chief said with the club still raised. "I won't!" Pocahontas yelled at him. "I love him, father." She told him softly. Abel's eyes widened, then he smiled with tears of joy. The chief was angry though. He can't believe it. His daughter was in love with a white man? Unacceptable! The settlers' eyes widened too, but out of disbelief. Same with the Indians. "Look around you." Pocahontas said. "This is where the path of hatred has brought us." She put her head on Abel's. "This is the path I choose, father. What will yours be?" The chief looked at the settlers who were ready to fire. Then the Indians who were also ready for a fight. He looked back at Abel and Pocahontas. He closed his eyes as Pocahontas waited for the verdict. The settlers lowered their rifles. The chief opened his eyes and looked at his club. He grabbed both ends and raised it over his head. "My daughter speaks with a wisdom beyond her years." The chief finally said. "We have all come here with anger in our hearts. But She comes with courage and understanding. From this day forward., if there is to be more killing,  it will not start with me." He put the end of the club on the ground. Pocahontas and Abel smiled and looked at each other. "Release him." The chief told a warrior, who walked over and cut the ropes off Abel's wrists. Abel stood up and Pocahontas ran over and hugged him as he hugged back. The settlers looked on with softer eyes as they lowered their guns completely. Ratcliffe looked around angrily at the Indians. "Now's our chance. Fire!" He ordered as he pulled out his sword. "No." Thomas said and stepped forward. "What?" Ratcliffe asked in disbelief. "They let him go." Thomas said. "They don't want to fight." Ben agreed. "It's a trick, don't you see?" Ratcliffe lied. "Fire!" Lon joined Ben and Thomas. Ratcliffe pointed his sword at the men as it shook in his grip. He grabbed a settlers rifle. "Fine I'll settle this myself." He aimed it. Right at the chief. He pulled the trigger. But John jumped in the way and fell to the floor in a crumpled heap in pain. "John!" Abel yelled and crouched by his side. Ratcliffe looked at the settlers in alarm. "You shot him." Thomas said in disbelief. "He stepped right... Right into it." Ratcliffe reasoned. "It's his own fault." "Bel was right all along." Ben said as the settlers circled Ratcliffe and Ratcliffe looked at them all in panic. "We never should have listened to you." Lon said. "Get the gun." "Traitors!" Ratcliffe yelled as two men grabbed the gun and the rest grabbed him. "Unhand me, I say!" How dare you!" Ratcliffe yelled. Thomas ripped the gun out of his hands. "Put him in chains." He said. "I'll see you all hanged for this." Ratcliffe threatened. "And gag him as well." Thomas responded. Thomas turned to the cliff and ran up there.