Saying Goodbye

Now John was in a boat laying down with Thomas and Abel by him. "The ship's almost ready. We'd better get you on board." Thomas said softly. "We'll lose the tide." "No, not yet." John denied with a hand on Thomas' chest. "She said shed be here." "She will be." Abel said. "Look." They looked to see Pocahontas and all the Indians coming from the fog. They all placed down baskets of fruit and vegetables and stood back up. Pocahontas walked over. The settlers took their hats off as she passed by. "Going back is his only chance." Thomas said after walking over. "He'll die if he stays here." Pocahontas patted his shoulder and kneeled next to Abel, holding his hand. "Abel says that your the only reason he came on this journey." John chuckled with a grimace. "I told him that he could finally learn from the people here. He couldn't deny that chance." He said. "Well I thank you..." "We thank you." Abel corrected Pocahontas. "Yes. I never would have met Abel. Who would I have loved if he didn't come? You? I doubt it would be that easy." Pocahontas said to John. "I found my gold." Abel said while looking at Pocahontas. "Yes. And never lose that shine. Or else it will just be fool's gold." John said with a smile. "You know what I have to do." Abel told John with a frown. "Yes. Stay. It would make me happy." John said and was lifted up. "Goodbye lil Bel." "Goodbye big Johnny." With that, he was put on the boat and taken to the ship to sail to England. The chief walked next to Pocahontas and Abel. With that Pocahontas and Abel sprinted up to the top of a cliff. They ran through the forest and went on the cliff overlooking the ship. Abel gave a two finger salute and John saluted right back. With that Abel and Pocahontas faced each other. Then Abel grabbed her and kissed her and they held each other in front of the sunset.