• Chapter 1.3 •

The Problem

"You gotta control yourself

"You gotta control yourself." Vanessa told her husband, walking towards the car as she was walking with her whole family. Rosalie was by her side, sensing the tension of Vanessa and Edward as they had been talking to the new girl, Bella Swan. She looked over the brunette who was staring at them from across the lot, then looking back to Edward. "I can't believe you got so worked up for no reason." She told him, crossing her arms over her chest as Edward rolled his eyes over his wife.

"I can't believe you are wanting to do this with a human." He told her, the girl rolling her eyes.

"Edward, doesn't her blood just sing to you though?" She asked, the man looking down as she knew she got him there. Vanessa looked over to Alice and Edward frowned.

"Alice, keep your thoughts to yourself." He told her as his sister glared at him.

"I can't help with what I see." She told him while Vanessa furrowed her eyebrows.

"And what is it that you saw?" She asked her sister in law as Alice sighed.

"That Bella will be apart of your relationship." She told Vanessa, the girl thinking about it.

"Like..." she took a moment to think about it. "Like a sister wife?" She asked and Alice shrugs her shoulders.

"I-I don't know. I haven't seen that far ahead. I just know that you two will love her." She explained to the couple as Vanessa looked back to Bella and heard the squeal of tires.

Vanessa looked just in time to see a black van making its way towards Bella and before she was smacked into her own vehicle, Edward ran in between the two, holding out his arm to dent the van and allowed the backside to dent Bella's truck.

He took that moment to look over Bella, seeing her surprised face while Vanessa ran over towards the two. "Bella, are you okay?" She asked, looking over the girls face as she nods her head.

"I-I'm fine." She mumbled, Edward looking over the two women and the grabbing Vanessa's hand.

"We have to go." He told her, jumping out of the way and running away before anyone could see the two.

<><><>

Vanessa looked at her father, then looking to the ground as she frowned in slight disappointment. "How could you do something so reckless?" Rosalie asked her sister, then looking to her brother. "What were you thinking? Fifteen kids said they saw what happened." Rosalie scolded the two.