• Chapter 1.14 •

Sweetness

Vanessa opened the door for Bella, the girl getting out as she tucked her hair to one said of her face

Vanessa opened the door for Bella, the girl getting out as she tucked her hair to one said of her face. They were all stressed, scared even for the human as she was being hunted down just because of how Edward and Vanessa felt towards her. They stepped inside the door way, helping Bella carry her bags in as Vanessa smelt something off. It was Earthy, with a hint of metallic as she rushed over to the man and pushed him into the wall. "Vanessa, Stop!" Carlisle stated as he pushed her off.

"Why?! He's part of that ripper's clan." She told Carlisle, Laurent dusting his jacket off.

"He came to warn us about James." Carlisle told his daughter, the woman glaring at the vampire in front of her.

"This isn't my fight, and I've grown tired of his games, but he's got unparalleled senses that can be absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in my three hundred years. And the woman, Victoria, don't underestimate her." He warned, quickly leaving while everyone got prepared for the fight.

"I've fought his kind before. They're not easy to kill." Jasper said, Vanessa shaking her head.

"But not impossible." Emmett told them, the girl nodding her head.

"I've raised rippers before, I know what we are up against." She told them.

"We'll tear them apart and burn the pieces." Emmett told them as Vanessa grabbed her leather jacket.

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle said while Vanessa rolled her eyes.

"And that's where we are different." She muttered, her instincts on over drive.

"What if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie asked.

"I'm gonna run Bella south. Can you lead the tracker away from here?" Edward asked as Vanessa held his hand.

"Edward, I love Bella as much as you do, but you know that's not going to happen." She told him, the man looking as if he was being stabbed.

"Edward, she's right. James knows you two would never leave Bella. He'll follow you." Carlisle told him.

"I'll go with Bella. Jasper and I will drive her south. I'll keep her safe guys." Alice said while Vanessa smiled.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" He asked as Vanessa glared over him.