• Chapter 1.7 •

The Lions and the Lamb

"Please tell me we are not going to be doing what I think you want us to do?" Vanessa asked, leaning against the car's seat as Edward gave the woman a knowing look

"Please tell me we are not going to be doing what I think you want us to do?" Vanessa asked, leaning against the car's seat as Edward gave the woman a knowing look. She shook her head, growling slightly. "There's no way in hell am I letting Rosalie take my bike. No way." She told Edward as he rolled his eyes.

"It's a bike, Vanessa." He told the girl as she gasped dramatically, holding her hand to her chest.

"A motorbike that is my child. I spent a lot of work on him and you're just taking him away. My poor baby Kyle." She whined as Edward furrowed his eyebrows.

"I still never understood why you named him Kyle." He told her honestly, the girl shrugging her shoulders.

"Because it was the first name that popped into my head. You have to name your automobiles. Like your car, one day it will die because you never gave it a name." She warned Edward, the man next to her laughing.

"It's funny because you're serious." He told her as she smirked.

"I would never not be serious with you." She told him, kissing his cheek as he pulled into his parking spot, soon sensing something was wrong. "Do you feel that?" She asked, taking a moment to look at her husband.

He looked around, seeing Bella waiting for the two as he frowned. "Yeah." He muttered, putting the car in park and the two got out of the car, putting on a fake smile as she turned around to start walking towards the forest.

That's when the two looked at each other, following the girl as they knew that something was wrong. She had figured it out. Vanessa knew that it was going to happen, but not so soon as she wanted to be the one to tell the girl.

They walked over to an area where they knew no one would follow. Bella was panicking slightly, Vanessa seeing the girl tense and struggling to take normal breaths as she heard her heart beating quickly. "You're impossibly fast and strong. Your skin is pale white and ice-cold. Your eyes change color. And sometimes you speak like you're from a different time. You never eat or drink anything. You don't go out in the sunlight." She listed out, Vanessa standing closely behind the girl.

Bella could feel her presence, gasping quietly as she was taking a moment to think of what to say next. "How old are you?" Bella asked, the two vampires looking at each other.

"Seventeen." They both answered instantly, feeling the girl's body quiver.

"How long have you been seventeen?" She asked again, Edward speaking up.