• Chapter 1.13 •

Rippers

Vanessa was hiding Bella behind her, holding the human's hand for support as the family saw the vampires coming from out of the woods

Vanessa was hiding Bella behind her, holding the human's hand for support as the family saw the vampires coming from out of the woods. There were three of them. One a female, long curly red hair as she was practically leaning against another who held the same marble skin with blonde platinum hair. The other was dark skinned, dreads all the way to the middle of his back and they all had one thing in common, blood red eyes.

Vanessa never took her eyes off the male with blonde hair, something not right by the way his facial features and body language. He seems to be a hunter, a ripper, one of the most deadliest kinds of vampires who liked to kill for fun.

The man with dreads holds up a baseball, smiling over the clan. "I believe this belongs to you." He state, throwing it to Carlisle who caught it.

"Thank you." He said, being polite to not start anything.

"I am Laurent. And this is Victoria and James." He said, James' eyes over Vanessa who kept her grip over Bella's arm with a false smile.

"I'm Carlisle. This is my family." He said, the group staring over their golden eyes.

"Hello." Laurent stated.

"I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us." Carlisle said, Laurent faking a surprised look.

"Our apologies. We didn't realize the territory had been claimed." He said.

"Yes, well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby." Carlisle said while James smirked over the married vampire as she saw Edward's jaw tighten.

"Really? Well, we won't be a problem anymore. We were just passing through." Laurent told them.

"The humans were tracking us, but we led them east. You should be safe." Victoria stated while Vanessa gave her a fake chuckle.

"Excellent." Carlisle stated.

"So, could you use three more players?" Laurent asked while Vanessa looked to Carlisle as a plea. "Come on. Just one game."

"Sure. Why not? A few of us were leaving. You could take their place. We'll bat first." Carlisle said, tossing the ball back to Victoria who smirked.

"I'm the one with the wicked curveball." She teased.

"Well, I think we can handle that." Jasper joked while they all laughed.