A Magical, Romantical, Alternate Reality

This February, the ambassador-managed fantasy profiles have teamed up to bring you (what we think is) a super-exciting challenge! Involved profiles are 

Fantasy  

Urban-fantasy

 mythandlegend  

_Once_Upon  

talesofthedeep

 highfantasy 

and magic . Be sure to visit the contest book of all profiles involved as each have put their own profile-specific spin on the following.

Prompt

There is an alternate version of Earth. The difference between our Earth and this alternate version is quite simple for upon the alternate, magic never disappeared. But this is not the only variation, though all differences can be traced back to the point in time where on our Earth, the magic disappeared whereas on the other, it did not...

 But this is not the only variation, though all differences can be traced back to the point in time where on our Earth, the magic disappeared whereas on the other, it did not

Profile-Specific Additions

Myth & Legend - A young magician is banished to a magic-less universe for angering Hecate, the Greek goddess of Witchcraft, Magic and Ghosts. Without magic, the magician hires the help of a mortal to convince Hecate to bring the magic back so that he/she can return to his/her own world. As they team up, an irresistible chemistry ignites between them and the magician soon learns that sometimes, magic can be unleashed in the most unexpected ways.

Fantasy - The University of Magic and Subsidies has uncovered a gateway that leads to another world, our world. They don't know it yet, but this wacky group of students have discovered the link up between parallel universes. What could possibly go wrong?

Urban Fantasy- Whenever a magical creature commits a crime, they are banished to the magic-less world, leaving the inhabitants thereof to take care of them. A ragtag group of hunters have taken it upon themselves to stop these creatures from destroying their world.

Once Upon - The magic of fairy tale land is slowly running out, leaving the lands that were once populated by fairies and dragons, empty and barren. The only way to save this world from darkness, is with the imagination of a child.

Tales of the Deep - ...the legend says it all started with a powerful witch and a greedy each-uisge who would do just about anything to steal a bit of her magic.

High Fantasy - When the elves arrive they bring with them their magic, but everyone knows magic always comes with a price. The Elven King agrees to keep the peace, but only if he is given the hand of the human of his choosing, in marriage.

As the human in question are you willing, or do you put up a fight?

Magic - A magically-inclined individual casts a love spell and as these things are wont to do, said spell goes horribly, horribly wrong!

The Fine Print

* You have until February 28th at 23.59 GMT to complete your story.

*It can be a standalone story or part of an existing collection.

*Fanfiction is permitted.

*Entries must be written in English.

*Entries should be no longer than 5,000 words. (They may be under, not over.)

---> Once complete, submit your entry via this FORM. Stories not submitted in this way will not be considered eligible for judging, however we do encourage you to share the link to your story in the comments section below.

Winning entries will receive shout-outs from all participating profiles, not to mention other cool and top secret prizes!