Chapter 20 - Secrets

Previously on The Golden Proposal -

"Now that we got over this improbable theory that my frustrating Ex-Boyfriend is a secret death-eater under Voldemort's tutelage, Let's go shopping! A shopping spree that could possibly save my life" Hermione declared with fake enthusiasm

Now -

"You would be surprised to learn how much I love your enthusiasm, Mia. However, we really need to get going with our shopping. We should start with Gringotts since we need some money to go shopping. We'll go to the Malfoy Vaults for money and while in there, we will try to find the golden cauldron for the potion."

"Wait a minute, when are we going to my vault? You don't actually expect me to let you pay for all the ingredients and the materials. This is my survival at stake and I want to pay for what is needed." Hermione said with conviction

"This is the survival of my soulmate at stake and I am paying for all that will be needed. I don't want any arguments about that." Draco responded

"Draco, Whether you like it or not, I will not give up on paying for at least some items. Now let's go to gringotts and we are going to my vault first!" The young witch said with mischief in her eyes

Draco had no choice but to follow her in the Bank, wondering how he ended up with such a beautiful, intelligent, stubborn and mischievous woman.

The duo entered the bank and Hermione requested entry to her vault with her key. Draco did the same and they parted ways to get the needed money but not before Draco asked Hermione to join him near his vault after she was finished.

Hermione went into her vault with a weightless money pouch, she took the amount of galleons, sickles and nuts that she thought she needed to buy ingredients and materials. While she was digging up money in her vault, she came across a piece of paper under a pile of galleons. She fetched it and when she started to read it, her heart stopped.

The letter read -

I've been watching you, beloved. I know where you live and what are your plans. If you think you can actually survive your curse,  you are underestimating me dearly. I am capable of so many things and letting you die slowly is definitely one of them. Have a good time before your death!

R

Hermione was shaking by the time she had finished reading the letter. Millions of thoughts were flowing in her head. The first one was 'how did Ron ever enter her private vault" and after was 'What does he mean?' Hermione hated letters in riddle, even if she was good at solving them, it didn't mean that she liked them and Ron knew everything about her hatred of riddles. She turned around and for a second, she thought she had seen a head of red hair and her heart jumped but that was just her imagination, right.

The young witch decided to join Draco near his vault. She wanted to forget about the letter and put it at the back of her mind. One thing she knew, was that she was going to keep that letter a secret and try to decipher it herself. She didn't want to make Draco more worried than he already was.

The way the vaults were arranged, Draco's vault wasn't really far from hers. She decided to send Draco a patronus to warn him about her arrival.

Inside his vault, Draco received Hermione's message. He let Hermione in.

"I already have a pouch that I filled with money and I was about to start searching for the golden cauldron, so you arrived right on time, Mia" Draco said

"I'm glad I can help. Where do we start? Hermione said enthusiastically but that was before she actually stopped and looked at the Malfoy vault.