Chapter 23 - Requital

Despite his limited intelligence, Ronald Weasley somehow found out about this very well-hidden part of his family history. The discovery of this sordid tale was made by Ronald at the age of 9 as he rummaged through the library while visiting his grandparents, Septimus Weasley and Cedrella Black. 

The preceded story had only been documented in the numerous journals of the Weasley family ancestors. When Ron discovered why his family was one of blood traitors, it awakened a curious rage inside the young boy. He went through all the documentation he could find.

He unearthed the details of how the shameful death, the rash and the tall number of women Henry Weasley was courting at the time brought shame to his family name. 

They were looked upon with disgust after the scandalous incident. The Weasley's had been blood traitors for centuries and they still were during the present day.

As Ron discovered more and more information about his family history, his childish mind interpreted that his ancestor was not at fault and not deserving of such cruel punishment.

Unable to fully comprehend the situation at the young age of nine, unable to understand that his ancestor had sought his fate, Ronald Weasley's hatred of all things Slytherin began.

Because of Salazar's unusual punishment, Henry brought shame to his family which caused the Weasley's to be referred to as blood traitors. Childishly, Ron blamed Salazar for the shame of his ancestor despite Henry's own despicable actions.

According to Ron, Slytherin was completely responsible for his family's humiliation. On this day, Ron swore he would find a way to make Rowena Ravenclaw pay for her rejection, make Godric Gryffindor pay for loving Rowena Ravenclaw and make Salazar Slytherin pay for punishing Henry Weasley on the behalf of his friends.

Ron's famous temper reared its ugly head after his multiple discoveries. The young man wanted his family to be as great as it was before the incident. To achieve that greatness, he was going to obtain his revenge on the ones who had caused his family's shame.

As years went by, Ron decided that he would find out who held the titles of Ravenclaw heir, Gryffindor heir and Slytherin heir. He wanted them to pay for their families's actions as the Weasley family did.

As he came to Hogwarts, he tried to find more information. He went through multiple genealogy books. Ronald unsuccessfully tried to identify the Gryffindor heir. In reality, he did not find a Gryffindor heir. The once noble line had been dissolved. The last remaining members had been squibs in the 17th century. Any survivors were most probably mundane and non-magical.

Due to this information, he gave up his search for the Gryffindor heir. Despite the absence of a Gryffindor heir, he had easily managed to discover the identity of the Slytherin heir, Lord Voldemort, after his second year.

Ronald might have misinterpreted the original situation but he was not completely dim-witted. Having a personal revenge on the powerful wizard was an impossibility. He was not willing to risk his own life to get closer to his revenge.

With the absence of a death wish and the impossible task of going against such an evil wizard, Ronald did not make a plan to make Voldemort pay. That decision had been ruled by fear but it had been a rational one to make.

Ronald was mildly discouraged by his research until he had access to the Black Family Library before the beginning of his fifth year during his stay at Grimmauld Place. The extensive library was the perfect way to further his search for the Ravenclaw heir.

Important pure-blood families had multiple books on blood and genealogy. This was no different when it came to the Black Family.

Due to the small amount of Black blood in his veins, the red-head was able to access the library.