Chapter 22 - History

Once upon a time, in ancient time, when two souls were meant for each other, they were reunited.

However, this practice came out of fashion very rapidly. 

By the time of the founders, Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin, this custom had been well buried in ancient tomes that were rarely accessed, only by the most avid of researchers.

During medieval times, marriage was obligatory.

Soul bonds were not recognized and heirs were a priority which lead to the willful ignorance of this essential practice.

The institution of marriage did not represent love and destiny but the ignorance of consent and passion. 

Because of this representation and the ignorance of the soul's desire, the love of two destined significant others was doomed despite the presence of a soul bond.

Unknown to them all, this later tale was going to cause considerable unrest in the forthcoming world.

*______*______*

As one of the numerous balls hosts at the prestigious magical school passed at a moderately slow pace, Rowena Ravenclaw sat back and observed.

The intelligent woman caught the eye of her beloved Godric.

Unknown to Rowena and her lion, their romance was doomed from the start.

Godric felt eyes on his back from across the magnificent room.

He turned and returned Rowena's loving gaze.

Rowena Ravenclaw and Godric Gryffindor possessed wild spirits and independent natures.

To anyone but a few, it would be a surprise to learn of the existence of the profound love between the two.

Due to both of their individualistic disposition, the couple was not convinced that marriage was a necessity.

This opinion and train of thought was not shared by many.

The refusal and absence of marriage was a very frowned upon act in the eleventh century.

Rowena and Godric were very similar but equally different.

They both possessed a considerable intellect, a wild spirit and a strong sense of independence.

However, the raven was the symbol of elegance and sophistication as the griffin could be called rough and represented simplicity.

Both adults were destined for each other as they migrated towards one and other in the ballroom.

Their movements were graceful as Godric and Rowena remained in each others arms.

Their love was unknown and discreet.

Nonetheless, their deep friendship glowed.

It was evident and admired by their impressionable pupils.

"My Lady, you look absolutely delightful on this night." Godric took the beautiful woman in his arms as they danced to the rhythm of the music.

"You charm me sir. Your appearance is equally appreciated." Rowena smirked as Godric tried to discreetly admire her stunning image.

As the couple danced into the night, a tall figure was observing them.

When light illuminated the face of the watcher, all a person would have seen on this face was a twisted expression of jealousy and resentment  as he used every one of his remaining brain cells to plot the separation of the majestic couple.