Chapter 5: Welcome To Perfection And Making New Friends

(I'm sorry y'all I have been a little busy so I'm sorry that this chapter is late, also some of my stories will be on hold for a bit cause I working on this and my Suicide Squad ones right now. But don't worry they'll be updated soon. Enjoy the chapter.)

A few minutes or so the three see the welcome sign that said: Welcome To Perfection Population: 14, before entering in a small 90s western looking town. As Erica watched Melvin cross the road while throwing and catching his basketball she took the chance to look at the town. It was just the same as Erica saw in the movie, there was Nancy and Mindy's house sitting across from Nestor's trailer, Walter Chang's store that was located next to the water tower, Melvin's small metal shack along with his trailer, and Erica looked more to see a small wooden house, with blue paint that was fading because of the wind and sand.

(Here's what my great-great grandmother's house will look like: minus the brick part and the garage. But it has dusty windows and the paint will be fading because of the wind that would blow sand on it.)

Erica wondered it that was her great-great grandmother's house cause she didn't see it in the movie

Erica wondered it that was her great-great grandmother's house cause she didn't see it in the movie. As she finished examining the town Val pulled up and park his truck in front of the store.

Val turned the engine off before he, Earl, and Erica climbed out of the truck. 

"Hey Pizza Face." says Val greeting Melvin who was throwing his ball at Miguel's car while catching it as it'd bounce back. 

"Melvin." says Earl trying to warn Melvin that if he touched his and Val's truck he was going to get it. "Melvin, you touch that truck and die." 

As Earl was about to walk inside Melvin says in a fake terror, "Oh man I'm really shaking." Earl gives him a look that said 'You better watch it boy' before walking inside. 

Erica shut the passenger door, before she head inside she saw Melvin looking at her she waved at him but he gave her a uninterested look before he started throwing his ball at the store wall while catching it as it'd bounce back as Erica walked inside.

As Erica walked inside she saw that the store on the inside looked just like the movie, It had the 90s look and everything. Erica stood in front of the isle that was next to the tables and started looking at the items (Which was mostly food) to buy and take to her house later as Burt was talking, "Thanks, Walter." "Look, these are hollow points, but they're not Hydrashok hollow points." 

"Excuse me, l thought bullets were bullets." says Walter not worrying about the bullets since Burt bought them already. 

That's when Erica felt Val and Earl pass her she looked that way towards the counter to see the backs of Burt and Heather and Walter getting beer for Val and Earl. "Hi, guys. What you been doing?" Asked Heather as she and Burt looked at the two men. 

"We ran into that new college student, that Rona." says Val as Earl corrected him with Walter opening the two beer bottles he brought for them. "Rhonda. Yeah, she's having trouble with her, uh, uh, things." 

"You know, those college kids turn up oil or uranium or something out there." Burt says as his wife put there groceries in a cardboard box. "Next thing the feds will be at our door. "Sorry. Time to move. Eminent domain." 

"Down, honey. Down." says Heather patting his shoulder saying 'knock it off.

"Yeah, Burt." says Val. "The way you worry, you'll have a heart attack before you get a chance to survive World War lll." Earl looks at him before chugging down the rest of his beer.

"We'll see, We'll see." says Burt. Heather looks behind her because she felt someone standing there she looks to see Erica looking at the items on the shelves.

"Hey guys who's your new friend?" asked Heather as the men in the room look at Erica who now noticed that she wasn't paying much attention to what was going around.

"Oh this um, um,..." says Val trying to remember Erica's name, the said girl was not surprised that Val forgot her name so she went ahead and introduced herself.

"The name's Erica Eberstein ma'am I'm new here," says Erica with a smile. 

"Oh I know you your mother called me and told me you were heading down here," says Walter with a smile.

Everyone looked at Walter confused and he explained, "Erica here is our new resident that's moving into the blue house."

"Oh so you're our new neighbor huh?" says Burt.

"Uh yeah basically." says Erica with a smile. "I hope we all can be friends."

Walter has a smile on his face before he looks at his freezer as it starts going off and makes a terrible sound.

"Hey, guys, listen," says Walter gaining Val and Earl's attention before he points it. "Bearing going out. What do you think?"

"Could be." says Val as he and Earl looked at the freezer.

"Ah catch you later, Chang. We got a schedule to keep," says Earl.

"Oh, yeah. See, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now, Earl explained it to me." says Val as he and Earl were fixing to leave Erica asked, "Hey guys do y'all need help with whatever it is y'all are doing, I'm good with my hands?" Erica did all kinds of jobs in her neighborhood and knowing what they're fixing to do the garbage she might as well give them a hand being the kind-heart girl she was.

"Sure we could use another set of hands," Earl answered.

"Okay give me a sec and all be right behind ya." says Erica remembering her truck was still screwed up.

"Okay, see ya in a bit." says Earl as he ran to catch up with Val.

As Burt and Heather were about to leave Erica managed to catch up to them, "Hey Burt I know we just meet but could you do me a favor?" asked Erica. "Sure, thing Erica what do ya need," asks Burt.

"Well I was wondering if you could come to look at my truck," says Erica. "For some reason, it's not starting, Val and Earl looked at it and they couldn't figure out what's wrong with it."

Burt looks at his wife who says, "You go on ahead honey all put our stuff in the car." Burt then followed Erica to where her truck was, Val and Earl had pushed Erica's car over to where the blue house after they untied it from their truck and popped the hood opened.

Burt examined everything in the truck before looking at Erica, "This may take a while." "Okay," says Erica. "I promised to go help, Val and Earl with whatever they're doing anyway." "Well your gonna need a bandanna to cover your mouth and nose and some gloves cause they're doing the garbage today." says Burt. "Okay got it." says Erica as she pulled out a blue bandanna,

she had in her pocket and tied it around her mouth and nose along with putting on some working gloves

she had in her pocket and tied it around her mouth and nose along with putting on some working gloves. Before she head towards the dump.