1 - First Meeting

If there was one undeniable fact about Midoriya Izuku's life at that exact moment, it would be that he was a mess. And he had been for months. Between studying for college, his multiple jobs, and trying to pay for his own apartment, recently, he'd been falling apart. So here he was, taking his one coffee break for the day in his favorite cafe. 

The last week had been awful, but he was relaxing in his spot. The corner booth, tucked away from the rest of the world, he was able to be oblivious to the rest of the world, earbuds in and his most treasured book sprawled out on his lap. 

He had been sitting content for about half an hour before his personal bubble was shattered. The noise had started out innocent enough, just a man loudly, and harshly, yelling at someone for "being such a fuck up," and "how the hell we're related, I'll never know." He tried his best to ignore it, as it really wasn't any of his business, but the man's scolding grew louder at a steady pace, and soon he was basically screaming. He had the whole cafe's attention directed to him, steady glares being given from all directions of the normally quiet shop. 

Enough was enough. He slipped his bookmark into the page and placed the book back into his bag. He took his earbuds out and also placed them into his bag. He was planning on just leaving, retreating somewhere else for the day, but as he walked past the table, he couldn't help but see-

His face.

It was the kind of beautiful that Midoriya had only seen in TV shows and dreams. And it was filled with horror. And shame. And sadness. 

Emotions like those didn't belong on a face like that, was what he decided in the split second after walking past. And so he paused, and spun on his heel. It only took a couple steps to walk back to the table, but he did so briskly, and with a false sense of confidence. 

Standing in front of the two, he finally got a good look at the other one. The loud one. The man who had put those horrible emotions onto that beautiful face. He seemed cruel, and he had the face for it. His mouth was curled into a cruel sneer, teeth bared. His fists were clenched on the table, as if daring the smaller boy to fight back, or try to escape. Even sitting at the small booth, he seemed large, and had an intimidating stature to pair with his cold, calculating eyes. 

He's not very pleasant to look at, Midoriya had concluded after several seconds of studying the man's face. 

The smaller of the two sitting seemed immensely uncomfortable, shrinking further into himself at each word, looking like he wanted to disappear. He was the most beautiful, and yet the most odd person Midoriya had ever looked at. He had heterochromia, one eye blue and the other a light shade of grey, and had hair that was two colors. Not only two colors, but split directly down the center of his skull, not a single hair out of place. He was dressed nice, but not overly formal. In a button up shirt and slacks, his put together look made him all the more attractive.

And Midoriya needed to save him.

Sliding into the booth next to the smaller of the two, the shouting came to an abrupt halt. Both seemed equally as startled in his intrusion, and neither looked quiet sure how to react. About 30 seconds had passed before the younger boy finally spoke up, breaking the silence the whole cafe had settled in after witnessing the strangle debacle.

"Uh- can we help you?" He practically whispered, eyes darting anxiously to the larger man sitting across from them.

"Not currently, but I am here to help you out." He spoke, his eyes boring deep into the more intimidating of the two's. They stared for a moment before Midoriya turned, looking into the multi-colored iris' of the boy next to him.

"Is this man bothering you?" Clearly he hadn't expected those words to come out, because his expression changed from fearful to confused. 

"Um... yeah...? I suppose so-"

With those words Midoriya grabbed his bag and practically leapt out of the booth, gripping the smaller boy's arm in the process. 

"Then we're leaving. I don't want to see you bothered by someone as small and petty as him." He stressed the last words, hitting where it seemed it would hurt the most. Men like him were always the same, needing their ego stroked constantly. If tearing him down meant making even more of a scene in public, then so be it.

As the half and half boy let himself be lead out of the cafe, Midoriya could feel a small smile creeping onto his face. He just helped someone. He just helped someone! It felt surreal as they exited the doors, leading out to the chilly November air. 

But his dreamland was soon broken by the other boy stopping. He seemed shaken, although he also had a small smile flitting over his face every few seconds. 

"Thanks." He half-whispered, just loud enough for the other to hear. Midoriya squealed and threw his arms around him, nearly picking him up and spinning him. 

The frightened boy let out a surprised squeak, eliciting a laugh from the happier of the two.

"I'm already death gripping you, and I don't even know your name!" He gasped out, near shocked with himself.

"Ah- Todoroki. Todoroki Shouto." He said, more confidence filling the dual-haired boy's voice the longer he was away from the man inside. 

"Well Todoroki, how will I contact you again? I don't think I'll ever get enough of that face."

At that statement, Todoroki's face exploded in a bright red hue, making him look sort of like an attractive tomato. Weird thought.

Todoroki plucked the pen out of the front pocket on his button up and grabbed Midoriya's arm. He hastily scrawled his number next to a drawing of a phone and a 'call me, xo' before smiling and disappearing.