8 - Morning Routine

Todoroki

Running.

Running.

He was running.

He wasn't sure what he was running from.

But he was sure he had to run.

He panted and gasped for breath as he continued to sprint, leaping over the bigger tree roots sticking out of the ground. He needed to keep going. He couldn't stop.

It would catch him.

He would catch him.

Shouto was suddenly acutely aware of what, exactly, he was running from.

Or more like who.

His father's massive, flaming form chased after him, matching him in agility, but he seemed so much faster.

He was going to catch up soon if Shouto didn't do something.

He needed to hide somewhere.

As he scrambled behind a large tree, out of his father's sight, he noticed something that wasn't there previously.

Should he run to it? He would most likely be noticed, but he also couldn't just stand around waiting for the ever-growing figure to eventually find him.

He decided to take the risk, and ran toward it with all his might, attempting to stay out of the giant's way. He seemed to grow larger every second.

His escape attempt did not go unnoticed.

The looming figure took three strides and had caught up with Shouto already, leaning down and picking him up by the back of the shirt in between two fingers.

He held Shouto's squirming form up to his massive grinning face.

"Well, what do we have here?" The giant asked, inspecting every piece of Shouto's writhing body as if he were a doll.

"I think you'll make an excellent snack, no?" The giant spoke once again, his rancid breath causing the terrified boy to cringe away.

As his father lifted him further and tilted his head backwards, opening his mouth fully, Shouto had one last thought pass through his head.

"I didn't plan on dying like this."

He bolted upright in his bed and doubled over, gasping for air.

It wasn't the first time he had had that particular dream. It was the first time his father had eaten him though. Usually he just flung him off a cliff. Or buried him alive.

The eating was new, but... not necessarily unexpected. His brain was always making up new ways to torture Shouto in his sleep.

He peeled himself off him bed, sweat making him clothes and bed sheets stick to each other.

Guess it was time to wash those.

Again.

He pulled himself into a standing position, already feeling tired. Guess today was going to be one of those days. Ugh.

A shower would help him. Both with his ridiculous sweat situation, and to help wake him up.

Slowly prying his clothes off and throwing them in his basket, Shouto risked a glance at the clock.