I'd Never Blame You ✨ Winx Club • Musa

I'D NEVER BLAME YOU
WINX CLUB

It has been several months since he left.

They went through so many things together. They fought, they kissed, they made up; but she knew that despite his bad temperament and flawed character, he was a good person who truly loved her deep inside.

Anyone else would have decided that he was a big jerk and a pain in the arse. She wouldn't blame anyone for it--he really was. Even so, there was just something about him she couldn't ignore, especially after that time when he confessed his feelings sincerely to her a few years back. His face may always seem to be ruthless, but his midnight blue eyes expressed his true self more. He may have had a brash aura, but his sincerity to her made her realize that he can feel love too.

They went through so many things together...

...and now he's gone.

"I still can't believe Riven dropped our relationship after my voice was stolen," Musa softly said to Tecna, who had been her closest friend within the Winx. "And yes, it's been a year, I know, but the fact that he left because he felt bad that he couldn't protect me? I don't even resent him for that! I don't blame him either--Rumpelstiltskin was like an evil surprise present from the Trix."

The pinkette sighed as she recalled that day too. She massaged her temples whilst breathing deeply, and as she calmed herself, she replied, "Well, we're talking about Riven here, and we all know how he likes to stay as the "strongest specialist" within the group. He's a very competitive person--probably because he thinks that his mother left him for his flaws."

The bluenette shook her head in disbelief. "That was so long ago. We established that through the years we've been together, Tecna!"

"Sure you did," Tecna nonchalantly retorted, "But even if you did, he figured that he shouldn't be so flawed, so weak, just so he can protect you. You're all he had, and your voice was stolen. He admired your voice, really--"

"--he told you that?" Musa interjected with an eyebrow raised.

"No, but I heard from Timmy." The techno fairy answered. "And, well, I think his mindset was that he can't have anything he can't protect. You were so precious to him, and he failed to keep you from harm. He must've thought that he didn't deserve you, even after everything you've been through."

It was that statement alone that made her realize the purpose of all his previous actions. When they were still together, he would always make sure that she was happy around him. When they were still together, he would always make sure that she felt safe. When they were together, he would always try not to spark up an argument.

When they were still together...

...he would always make her feel loved.

Her chest began to ache as her eyes began to well with water, blurring her vision. Memories of their time together flashed within her mind as she recalled all the good times and hardships they experienced as a couple. A soft sob escaped her lips as she covered her mouth, with tears slowly flowing out from her eyes. The first tear rolled out from her right, and the rest followed after.

"Oh, Musa," Tecna softly spoke as she embraced her crying friend. "It's okay. Just let it all out, alright? You don't have to keep it in; that's unhealthy, and I care for you too."

Musa could only hug her friend back in a tighter embrace as she cried on her shoulder. "I... I wouldn't..." She sobbed between words. "...I would never blame him."

The pinkette was more or less unsure about her next course of action, but attempted to stroke Musa's locks of hair for comfort. "I know, Musa. I know."

Her cries continued for quite a while, and while this could have bothered Tecna, she remained patient for her dear friend who needed her. It took a matter of time until Musa felt tired--both physically and emotionally--and decided that they should call it a night.

The techno fairy was about to turn off her lamp when the music fairy called her name softly. "Hey, Tecna?"

"Yeah?" She responded sleepily.

"Thanks for everything." Musa said in gratitude. "I expected you to rant about me being emotional, but you haven't done that."

The other fairy chuckled. "I wouldn't. I understand emotions better now, and I wouldn't want to make my best friend feel worse after a break up."

Her response made the bluenette smile in gladness and relief. "That's cool," she softly replied. "Good night, Tecna."

"G'night, Musa." She greeted back as she turned off the lights. It was finally time to sleep, and both drifted off peacefully...

• ♡ •

Greetings, reader! How was that for the first snippet? =>

I honestly did not expect myself to finish this first, since I have two Deltarune one-shots in my drafts already. It's been taking quite a while to finish them though, but I'll be sure to publish them as soon as I'm done. That goes the same for my main fan novel, "Winxtale." It's still currently in progress with Chapter 16 in the works, and if you'd like to check that out, you can always go to my profile. ^w^

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this one! There's bound to be more soon!