Bangarang! Part 1 • Rewrite

BANGARANG! PART ONE
REWRITE

Note: This is a rewritten version of Anna-Danica's "BANGARANG!" Do check out the original!

• ☆ •

Beep beep beep beep! Beep beep beep beep! Beep beep beep beep!

The digital alarm clock rang in Anna's room, stirring her awake in annoyance of the beeping sounds. "Let me sleep," she groaned, turning to see the time on the rather broken timepiece.

It read 10:20 AM.

"Oh shoot!" She exclaimed in shock as she sprang up from her bed. She quickly noticed her unruly hair which was all over the place, so she took her hairbrush to fix it. After this, she snatched her signature orange headband, put it on along with her socks and her brown Converse. She takes her leave, but does not forget her Totoro wallet. Her door slams shut as she steps out of her truffula-wallpapered room.

Once she was at the corridor of the floor, she began to slam on Skype's door in an attempt to wake her up. "Dude, wake up!" She hollered. "IT'S TIME TO GO!"

Her apparent yelling woke up the other people who lived in Sai's house. Skype finally arises from her rest, starting up her systems as she registers Anna's constant banging on her door. She checks the time--it was currently 10:22 AM. Her synthetic eyes widen at this and pulls her charger in a hurry, getting up quickly and unlocking the door. The human brunette sighed in relief, saying, "Come on! We gotta go fast!"

The duo trod their way out of the house and reach the front door to the porch. On their way out, however, Sai could only watch the two as they frantically sprint out, wondering, "What the heck is up with those two?"

Skype and Anna pass by Ayra's house on their way to their destination. They pause as Anna picks up a rock and throws it to Ayra's window to wake her up. The window did not break, but it certainly caught the bluenette's attention, jolting her awake.

"Huh?!" She gasped, dazedly looking around her room only to find out that the time was 10:23 on her vintage Kit Cat clock. She, like Anna did, shoots up from her position and quickly fixes herself before opening her window and jumping out her room. Her hair was a mess, but that wasn't important. She joins Anna and Skype as they run for their unsaid destination.

Meanwhile, in another house, Nicole awoke from her recorded audio alarm on her phone. She stretched and yawned, slowly getting up to turn off her phone. She fixed herself slowly as she placed her Axent Wear Cat-Ear Headphones over her head, not recalling the day's occassion. She looks at the mirror and smiles in satisfaction, then looks out the window. Outside, her friends Anna, Skype and Ayra are seen passing by her house.

Oh no! She thought as she took her phone and placed it in her skirt pocket. We're going to be late!

She hurriedly wore her ankle boots before joining her friends outside. Now there were four children running out on the road, trying to reach their destination on time--but for what? What is so important that they're rushing at 10:25 AM?

Phoebe was merely watching her roses as she had watered them that morning, but seeing her four friends running to the direction of their destination struck a memory in which made her take the jam-spreaded toast off the plate on the near table as she opens the gate and joins them. She looked like the kind of girl you'd see in an animé, running to school late with a toast in her mouth. It was a humorous sight, but nobody in the group laughed yet.

Time passed to 10:26 AM. The children: Anna, Skype, Ayra, Nicole, and Phoebe proceed to Clark's house. Before they knew it, the boy was running with them at full speed, joining the group as he slipped his blue jacket on. Everyone felt the rush, the hurry, the need to be there on time, but where was there?

They were closing in to the place they wanted to reach. They pass by Iris's house, where Maui and Leo see the kids running with raised eyebrows. One look at each other was all it took for them to decide to open the door and join the group, leaving Iris behind who only said, "Stay safe, you two!"

Maui sprinted beside Leo, but still couldn't grasp the reason of their situation. "Where are we going, exactly?!" She quizzed in a raised tone as she tried to keep up with the others. Leo could only focus on the task at hand as he replied, "Just hurry! We could be late!"

Not too long later, there was a yelp and a sound of something falling onto the asphalt. It was Ayra, who somehow managed to trip herself while running.

"LEAVE HER BE!" Commanded Anna as the group continues sprinting, not one pausing to help the poor bluenette they left behind. She could only get up in frustration as she yelled, "ANNA!!!"

As she tried to catch up with the others, Skype began to panic as she checked the time through her own robotic vision.

"Guys, we have one minute left!" She alarmed the group, causing them to try to run even faster than they already were. 60 seconds began to count down. 59, 58, 57, 56, 55, 54, 53, 52...

...will they ever reach their goal?