A New Everything

Zay blinked, staring at the ceiling. Her head throbbed a little, and she groaned, moving her hand up to rub her forehead. She lay there like that for a few minutes, waiting for everything to settle in. Snippets and pieces of memories began to click and replay in her mind, and realization began to slowly dawn upon her.

And I was starting to wonder when you'd wake up. Honestly Zay, for someone who sleeps so much-

Pushing herself upright, Zay stared at her hands, flipping them over and over, paying closer attention to her right arm. Frowning, she searched for any kind of burn or mark, and after a few seconds she heard a dry scoff from Allyah.

There will be no mark left behind. While yes, it is painful, the claws and protective skin will not leave any burns or injuries. 

Zay shook her head, rubbing her thumb across her arm, pressing it against her skin.

"T-There really isn't anything.."

Allyah didn't say anything to this, and Zay finally relaxed. Pulling her hand away from her arm, she glanced around the room and sighed softly. The sun was still pouring through the window across her room, and judging by how bright it was Zay assumed it wasn't even noon yet. She smiled a little, relieved.

"On the way here I saw a library.. and I want to walk around anyway-"

Swinging her legs off the bed, she pushed herself up, and stretched a little. 

"Mm.. and maybe I can look for some jobs too-"

Even though she said that, Zay could feel herself cringe a little. Jobs never worked out for her and she had little experience with working in a public place. She liked doing freelance work, doing things in the comfort of her home. But she knew that she'd need to start earning a constant, stable income from now on, not rely on luck that someone would hire her for a little job or chore. Shaking her head, Zay shrugged and walked to her closet, sliding the door off to the side and glancing at her clothes. Because it was pretty sunny, and she could feel it was a nice day since the room was a little warm, she decided to just change into some shorts and a t-shirt. Pulling the clothes she wanted out, she grabbed a black baseball hat and added that to the outfit. Satisfied, she tossed the clothes to her bed and began to change. While she tugged her shirt off, she couldn't help but think back to something  Allyah has mentioned before.

'You will fight, I will teach you how to protect yourself.'

Zay felt her brows furrow a little as she tossed her shirt onto the bed, grabbing the clean one and pulling it over her head. She couldn't see herself ever fighting. She was small, very light weight, and had no experience with defending herself. Tugging down her shirt a little, she moved onto her jeans, sliding them down.

You see yourself as incapable of fighting but you house many qualities that could be of great use in combat or defense.

Zay nearly stumbled forward, jolting at the sound of Allyahs sudden comment. Cursing to herself, she kicked her jeans off and folded her arms., standing up straight.

"Seriously, if you're going to go silent and then start talking out of nowhere I need a warning."

Zay grumbled, and grabbed her shorts, slipping them on.

I apologize, I forgot how easily you get startled.

There was a hint of amused sarcasm in her voice, and Zay felt herself get irritated. 

"I do not get easily 'startled'! Anyone would get a little jumpy if you went quiet and then decided to pop out of nowhere just to make a comment- you're like a freaking jack in the box."