Fire

Hissing in pain, Zay stanced herself again, panting raggedly.

Again. Do it again.

Taking a deep breath, Zay pulled up the most negative memory she could, feeling the soft throbbing heat rush down her arm, her claws splaying out as she pointed her palm at the tree, her new target. The heat built up, before bursting into a brilliant bright red flame, wisps of white dancing in between the tendrils of fire. She swung her hand back a little, and made a sort of throwing motion, willing the fire out of her palm. She reeled forward, holding her breath as she watched the ball of heat fly towards the tree. She took a step back, and crossed her arms like an 'X' across her face before she heard the impact. She could hear her fire make contact with the maple tree, the snapping and crushing of wood before a splintering crack filled the air. Debris flew at Zay, smacking her arms and legs before everything settled. She dropped her arms, breathing heavily. The tree was gone, sucked up in the whirlwind of her flame, completely decimated. All that was left was a dark burn spot where the trunk of the tree once stood.

Zay knelt forward, gasping as she braced herself a little, placing her hands on her knees as she looked at the damage.

Better. Not perfect but much better. You can take a break now.

Sighing with relief, Zay collapsed to the ground, clutching her chest. Her heart was pounding out of her rib cage, and she felt ready to pass out.

"Hahh.. hah... whats- what's next?"

She asked breathlessly, her eyes still glued to where the maple tree once stood. She was satisfied that she could finally do what Allyah wanted, but still letting everything settle in.

We've already gotten you accustomed to your more, damaging abilities. Lets work on some other, less destructive ones hm?

Zay nodded a little, and lay back on the grass, feeling herself slowly catch her breath as her heart rate slowed. The clearing around her looked like a tornado had blew threw it, broken branches and twigs scattered across the floor, stumps of trees littered around, scorch marks from her flame burned into the ground and the wood of trees nearby. Zay lay there on the grass for a few minutes in silence, watching the sun dance between the leaves above her, before finally breaking the calm.

"Do you think.. I'll ever meet someone like me?"

She whispered softly, raising her blackened armored claw up into the air, glancing it over.

The chances are small, but yes, I've sensed some of my kind here in this city. I doubt though, that they are hostile.

Zay closed her eyes for a few seconds, and dropped her arm onto her stomach, feeling Allyahs warmth seep through her shirt. Opening her eyes again, she let out a soft sigh.

"This is all.. so strange. I have.. powers. I can make things burn up and disappear.. I can see farther than a human could normally, I can feel myself changing, everything about me is.. different now."

Pushing herself up, Zay adjusted her position so she sat cross legged. She set aside her clawed hand and her normal one together, flexing her fingers.

You're doing well with adjusting with all of this though, I'm quite impressed. Some hosts go through such a strong period of denial.. it becomes almost impossible to even get through to them.

Zay swallowed a little, and looked up, glancing around the clearing she had quite literally destroyed.

"How did- I mean.. what you did to Will.. can I do that do?"

She bit her lip, bracing herself a little for Allyahs response. She knew it was a stupid question, Allyah would have told her if she could do something like that. But she wanted to at least hear her answer. There was a pause, silence before Allyah finally spoke.