Chapter 68

Matt's POV

I feel like shit. My head hurts terribly, my nose keeps running, I keep sneezing and I miss Steph so much. It's only been a couple days since we last saw each other, but it feels like much longer. We all moved into the apartment and got some of our things set up. It took awhile for us to figure out the room situations, but we eventually flipped a coin to see who would get the master bedroom. It was between Nash and Cameron. Cameron got it.

The apartment is really nice. It's right in LA and we have an amazing view of the city and you can even see the Hollywood sign, so it's pretty cool. My room was upstairs right next to Cameron's and Carter's was across the hall. Nash's room was downstairs. Hayes is leaving next week because he has to go back to school also, since he's still young compared to us. His parents didn't want him staying here.

In a couple days I'm going back home to get all of my other stuff to bring here. I haven't talked to Steph lately, but I've been wanting to call her so bad. Is she okay? Did she ask her parents? I don't know, but I want to call her tonight. I need to hear her voice.

I've been laying in my bed all day moaning and groaning and sleeping. The boys came in a few times to see if I was okay and Nash actually gave me some medicine to help with my headache. Once in awhile I would check Steph's Twitter or Instagram to see if she posted anything, but she didn't. On Twitter I actually saw some pictures of us at the airport that fans were sending me. In some of the pictures that I took with the girls, I realize just how bad I actually looked. My eyes were red and watery, my face was blotchy, and Steph was covering her face next to me while not letting go of my arm.

My head begins to pound again so I set my phone back down and bury my face into the pillow and groan loudly. I haven't gotten this sick in so long and it feels terrible. I hate it and I just want her next to my side.

I didn't eat at all today because I just wasn't hungry. I wasn't sure how Cameron was doing, but he was a little better than me. He was actually out of his room, but I can't even manage to stand up. It's now getting really late and I unplug my phone from the charger and search for Steph's name in my contacts, pressing call.

It keeps ringing and ringing, but she doesn't pick up..

Stephanie's POV

I stare at my phone as it continues to vibrate on my bed. I want to talk to Matt so bad... but I just couldn't. I sat in the dark, cold corner of my room huddled in a blanket. I've been crying way too much that I can't even force myself to fall asleep.

My parents officially told me no. They said that I have to go back to school and that I can't go with Matt. They don't think it's right for a 16 year old, moving in with a 17 year old in a city across the country. I argued and begged for so long that my voice was gone by the next day. It's starting to come back, but it's so raspy right now that it hurts to talk and to swallow food. Therefore, I haven't been eating and school begins tomorrow. 

I slowly stand up and walk to my bed, sinking down into it while laying my head on the pillow. I grab my phone and see the missed call from Matt. Matthew Espinosa. My amazing boyfriend that I probably won't see again until next year. The guy that I could tell anything to and he would still be there for me. The guy who still loved me after I had a thing with Nash. The guy who kissed me anywhere in front of anybody. The guy who dragged me down to the bottom of a boat just to have sex with me. I smile at the memories.

Before I know it, the phone is ringing and Matt picks up with the worst sounding voice I've ever heard out of him. "Matt?" I ask, my voice probably doesn't sound any better than his.

"Hey babe." He says quietly.

"How are you?" I pull the blankets up to cover my body as I look around my dark room with no lights on.

"I feel like shit." He admits and I sigh. "How are you?" He repeats my question.

"Terrible.." My voice gets quieter as a tear rolls down my cheek, "Matt I can't go." I spit out.

"What?" He gasps.

"My parent's won't let me." More tears fall down and I close my eyes, "I have to go back to school for the year." 

He's silent for a moment, but I can still hear just how upset he really is. I wish I could just hug him so tight right now. Let him know that somehow we'll be able to work through this.. I hope. "So what do we do?" His voice is so quiet.

I pinch the bridge of my nose to stop myself from crying, "Day by day." I say.

"I would never forget you Steph. I hope you know that and I love you so much." He sniffs, "So much."

"I love you too Matt." I wipe my eyes, "Well I should probably get going now. First day of school is tomorrow.." I whimper.

"Alright." He sighs, "Night babe."

"Goodnight." I whisper then hang up. 

...

I honestly don't even care what I look like the first day of school. Normally I would dress up or wear my new favorite clothes, but this year is different. I've changed over the summer and now I realize how much I don't care about high school and what people think of me. I've seen all the hate Matt has gotten over the internet, yet he does such a good job of ignoring it and not letting it get to his head. 

My mom drives me to school and I meet up with Alexis outside. When we walk inside, everyone begins staring at us. We continue to walk down the hallway but it's just so hard when all eyes are on us. Girls begin whispering to each other, giving us dirty looks. We finally walk into our first class and sit next to each other.

"How've you been doing?" Alexis turns to ask me, "You know.. without Matt." She looks down.

I put my elbow on my desk and rest my head on my hand, "It's been so bad." I say and shake my head, "I got into a huge agrument with my parents."

"Me too." She sighs, "I talked to Cameron yesterday, but that's it."

"I can't stand being back here." I cringe as I look at the classroom and everyone walking in. I notice a familiar face coming towards me and I pull my eyebrows together as she sits next to me.

"Stephanie! Oh my god I've missed you!" She practically screams. Her name was Emma and we used to be really good friends. "Where have you been all summer?!"

"Um.." I glance at Alexis, "I was away." I give her a polite smile.

"Oh trust me, I know." She laughs, "The whole school has been talking about it."

"About what?" I ask and Alexis leans in to listen.

"How you like lived in Florida with a bunch of guys. Or perhaps I say, famous guys." She lifts an eyebrow at me, "Oh and how Alexis is a drug addict now."

"What!" Alexis screeches, "What the hell, that's not true!!" She quickly defends herself.

"Woah chill." Emma laughs, "It's just what I heard." She puts her hands up in defense.

"They aren't famous. They're just regular people like us." I say. It's true.

"Yeah because regular people like us have millions of followers and are on TV, going to award shows." She rolls her eyes, "And I heard that you're dating one of them?" She asks.

I notice the teacher walk in and everyone shuts their mouth when he begins to speak. Thank god. I couldn't stand talking to Emma any longer.

I slump in my chair and sigh, louder than ever. And just to think... It's only the first day. 

-

Please vote and comment! Let me know what you think :)

Go read my other book called "Forever" I've been working hard on that, so please check it out!

xx