Chapter 69

Stephanie's POV

Four months.

Four freaking months have gone by.

It's now just another cold, snowy, december day here. Everything went back to normal... kind of. The first week of school was hell. I got asked the same questions everyday and I eventually got tired of answering them. I got my old group of friends back and we started hanging out almost every weekend. 

But, I would cry every night before I went to bed. Everytime I tried to call Matt, he was busy. Everytime he tried to call me, I was busy. It just wasn't working out. We eventually became more distant and talked less and less. It sucked and I hated it. I started to crush on another guy in my school, but it just wasn't the same. The second he tried to kiss me, I ditched him. There was no way I could be with another guy. I still loved Matt. 

The last time I talked to Matt was a month ago. I was in school and it was during lunch. Some girls were being rude to me, saying how I don't deserve someone like Matt. They kept trash talking me and I couldn't stand it any longer. One of the girls then took her milk and poured it on me, soaking my hair and clothes. I stood up from the table as fast as I could and ran into the bathroom, slamming the stall door. I sat down on the toilet and balled my eyes out.

I quickly took my phone out of my pocket and called Matt. He was so worried and all he wanted was to hold me in his arms to let me know that everything would be alright. I cried even harder. That day, my mom came to school early to pick me up. I begged her to not let me go back, that it would just get worse each day. But, she disagreed. She said the only reason the girls are being mean to me was because they were "jealous." I still didn't want to go back.

There's now 3 days until Christmas break, which means I don't have to go back to school for another week. I sat in the living room, all cuddled up in a blanket, watching TV, with a mug of hot chocolate next to me. The snow fell outside so softly, but piled up high. It's probably not snowing in California, my mind tells me. I sigh and grab my phone to go on Twitter.

I scroll through my timeline and click on Matt's name when I see it. Him and Nash have been hanging out so much lately that the fans came up with the name Mash. I smile when I look through his pictures, noticing how nice their apartment is. They're having so much fun..

"Stephanie?" My mom softly asks as she takes the seat next to me on the couch. I lock my phone, setting it down on my lap and turn towards her.

"Yeah?" I ask, taking a slow sip of my hot chocolate.

"I just wanted to see how things are with you." She smiles.

"Good." I nod my head.

"Have you talked to Matt lately?" She asks.

"No." I shrug and look down. "He's been busy."

"Oh." Is all she says.

"Yeah but I'm fine, don't worry. I knew this would happen." I assure her with a smile. A fake smile. 

She leans in to give me a hug. I wrap one arm around her, not hugging her as hard as she's hugging me. When she pulls away she gives me a small smile, "You've just been so distant lately. I just want my daughter to be happy." 

"I am." I lie.

...

Matt's POV

"Do her parents know yet?" Nash asks me as we lean against the balcony, looking out at the city. 

"Yeah, I called her mom this morning." I say and adjust my sunglasses.

"What did she say?" He turns to look at me.

"She was excited." I smile, "I just hope Steph will be too." I sigh loudly.

"She will bro." Nash pats my back and walks back inside. 

I stand there alone, while drowning in my thoughts. It's been so long. Way too long since I talked to her... Since I held her. The past few months have been busy for me. I joined a new tour called Sunsations Tour along with Taylor and a few of the guys. We traveled to a bunch of different cities and it was so amazing meeting everyone. It's probably my favorite thing to do. I love to make people happy and I hate letting my fans down. I love every single one of them. 

But not once did I forget about Steph. It's true what they say about long distant relationships. They don't work out. We texted each other everyday, skyped a few times, and once in awhile a phone call to hear each others voices. But that didn't last very long. Eventually, we didn't even communicate. It got to the point where neither of us made an effort anymore, which crushed me on the inside. That's when Nash and I became a lot closer.

We started making Youtube videos together and just hung out everyday. We had so much fun and it's what I needed. I couldn't sit in my room all day and whine about being alone. I needed to get out and have some fun. And that's exactly what I did. 

I talked to Cameron the other day and he told me that him and Alexis are still pretty tight. They've been calling each other everyday and I'm surprised at how close they still are. Why couldn't that happen with me and Steph? I guess since they've gone back to school, her and Alexis haven't been as close as they used to. Cameron said that Alexis doesn't even hang out with her anymore, that they have their other group of friends. 

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear my phone vibrating. I quickly grab it off the table and look at the screen. Steph's mom.

"Hello?" I pick up.

"Hi Matt." She says, "How are you?"

"I'm good." I sit down in a chair on the balcony, "Did you tell her yet?" I ask.

"I think we should keep it a secret between us. Let's surprise her." She says quietly, probably so Steph can't hear her.

"That's a good idea." I rub my chin, "When is it again?"

"This Friday." She says and I check my phone quickly to see what today is. It's Wednesday.

"Okay sounds good." I smile, "So don't tell her about any of this."

"Your secret's safe with me." She says and hangs up. 

...

(Sorry that this chapter is kind of short, but I hope you liked it! Please vote and comment. Also check out my other fanfiction if you're a 5sos fan!)

xx