6. Ankle problem

Cheryl's pov
I had looked away but her gaze was still upon me , I could feel it. I tried ignoring it and asked her something. "So ... you said you found this place by walking along the river right ?" I asked without stuttering. "Yea I did" She responded while making little circles with her hand on the rock. "Do you think we could walk that path ? " I continued to ask the girl. "Along the river , sure" is all she said before standing up and holding out her hand which I gladly took. She led me to the down to the river , hearing the water stream really calmed my nerves. There were white rocks along the water. "Be careful tho , it's easy to trip here" She told me. I just smiled at her nodding my head. Toni let go of my hand and started to walk. Not gonna lie , I wished she wouldn't have let go of my hand. I sighed silently and followed after her. It was silent between us but it was comfortable. We were both very much enjoying it until I got distracted and fell twisting my ankle in the process. "Oh my god are you okay ?" She immediately sat down on her knees next to me. "Ouch ouch ouch ah" is all that came out. "Stupid rocks" I laughed. "I told you to be careful" She chuckled. "Can you stand up ?" Her face was serious. I stood up but I couldn't walk properly. Toni had her arm around my shoulder to help me get back. "How did you get to school ?" She asked. "I walk almost everyday " I answered. "Stay here , I'll get my bike" We were back at the spot. And oh my , was I really about to get on her motor cycle?. How exciting ! But Mumsy would never allow me to get on those so called "death traps" like ever. Toni had already left to pick up her bike. I started thinking about what my mom would say about all of this. Skipping school to be with the serpent girl of my dreams and getting on her motorcycle after twisting my ankle. Yeah .. I would definitely get punished for disobeying her. How would I even explain this. I actually have no idea. I'll think of something later on. My ankle was killing me so I decided to close my eyes for a little while until Toni came back. It had been approximately 10 to 15 minutes later and I heard the noise of a bike coming closer. I slowly opened my eyes again and saw her getting off. She helped me to mount the bike and I was scared. I trust her but was this really safe? I tried putting those thoughts aside and she handed me her helmet. "Want me to take you home?" She asked casually. "I'd rather not " I sighed while looking down. The girl looked at me with a puzzled expression on her face but decided not to ask further questions. "Your ankle really needs some icing, hold on tight okay" She said. "Where's your helmet ?" I questioned. "I didn't bring a spare one and your safety is my priority" She smiled then turned to start the bike. I put my helmet on and held her shoulders unsure of where I should've placed my hands. She removed my hands from her shoulders to her waist. "You're gonna want to hold on a little tighter." I did as I was told and held her tighter. The engine started and I grew nervous but before I knew it we were on the road.

————————————————
Hmmm where would they be going ?
Sorry for the short chapter and the long wait.
I hope you still kind of maybe enjoyed reading this tho.
And thank you for all the positive feedback and comments , it means a lot !!
I luv you all and I'll try to update more regularly:)
Word count : 653