♡ 02 ♡

The sight that the Cullens saw that evening in their youngest siblings room was traumatic

The sight that the Cullens saw that evening in their youngest siblings room was traumatic. Athena had sweat pouring down her skin, clutching onto the blankets. Her body arched in abnormal ways and her eyes were wide open. The vibrant purple lit up the dark room.

Blood curdling screams echoed through the house. Rosalie was by her sisters side in seconds, brushing her hair out of her face.

"Shh, baby." Rosalie cooed in her ear. Athena let out another scream. The whole house literally rattled, alarming Carlisle and Bella.

They could hear her screams but didn't think anything of it until the house started shaking. Carlisle and Bella made eye contact. Carlisle quickly set down his needle and said a quick sorry. He sprinted up the stairs to see his youngest's body arched in half, practically off the bed.

"What's happening?" Bella asked. Edward was by her side in seconds, holding her in his arms.

"We don't know, she's been screaming like she's possessed." Emmett answered. Everyone watched as Athena let out a blood curdling scream and dropped. She laid on the bed looking dead to the eye.

Rosalie took her sisters hand in here and sat on the bed next to her. Athena was still breathing but didn't respond to anyone or anything.

Edwards eyebrows crinkled in confusion. "I can't hear anything,"

Everyone looked at Edward in shock then at Athena. She laid lifeless on the bed, not moving at all. She was like this for hours. Edward took Bella home and told her that Athena will be fine. Yet he wasn't sure about that. Everyone else stood around her room impatiently.

Edward and Bella sat outside her house. Both waiting on the other.

"You can't protect me from everything. At some point something is going to separate us. It's gonna be an accident or an illness or old age. As long as I'm human. And the only solution is to change me."

"That's not a solution. That's a tragedy." Edward shook his head, staring at Bella's house.

"You're not gonna want me when I look like a grandmother."

Edward jerked open his door and walked around to his mates. He opened the door and stared at her.

"Bella, do you not understand my feelings for you at all?"

"Carlisle told me how you feel about your soul. I don't believe that. So, don't worry about mine."

"You should go inside." Edward dodged the conversation. Bella slowly got out of the car and walked to Edward who backed up a little. Bella licked her lips before opening her mouth.