♡ ︎04 ♡︎

Jacob decided since Bella found out, Athena could hang out with them

Jacob decided since Bella found out, Athena could hang out with them. Whenever they did, you could feel the tension between the two girls. Athena kept quiet around Bella and Jacob. She felt like she was third-wheeling.

At school was no better. Embry was never there and Athena started getting sicker every day. First she had headaches, then throwing up, then chest pains. It became so bad that she couldn't sleep or eat. Jacob could tell something was happening but he didn't know what.

Athena wore a black skater skirt and a long sleeve grey crop top. She pulled her hair into a messy ponytail and did light makeup, to cover up her dark circles. She got her backpack and books, heading downstairs.

"Hi Billy," Athena spoke softly.

"Are you going to eat, kiddo?" Billy asked him. Athena shook her head and went to her car. She drove silently to school, not playing music like she usually does. She parked her car near where Quil parks his.

Athena climbed out of her car and walked to the school. Another thing that was affecting her was that, she was so drained, she couldn't use her powers. She found this out when she tripped in the garage and hit her elbow on the ground. She tried to heal the small wound but failed miserably.

Athena walked to her locker to see Quil there. He looked up to see her. He wrapped her up in a hug. Athena smiled softly to her friend.

"Guess who is back," Quil said bitterly. Athena scrunched her eyebrows together. He lifted his hand and pointed down the hall. Athena turned her head only to be disappointed. Embry stood there with Paul and Jared. The ones he used to call Hall monitors on steroids.

"He's one of them now," Athena said, a pain in her chest, like she was being drawn to him. Athena whimpered and pressed her fist on her chest, as if that would help reduce the pain.

Quil wrapped his arm around her shoulder. He pulled her the opposite way of the boys, to their class. The pain grew in her chest, making Athena whimper every few minutes.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

Later that day, Bella and Jacob drove to Jacobs house. Athena trailed behind them, having her own car meant she could be alone. Bella suddenly pulled to the side, which Athena followed doing. They all got out and ran to the edge.

"They're not really fighting Bella, they're cliff diving." Jacob explained the situation. Athena watched in amusement as the guy they pushed off, hit the water below. Jacob kept explaining but Athena was too intrigued by the jumping boys. She watched, who she saw was Paul (by his big muscles and abs), spin into the water. He hit the water, more graceful than the guy before.