One Day

He never felt that sort of emotion before. How his heart was beating faster than normal. How he felt nervous before approaching the woman who stayed near the walls. A daughter of some merchant. The only reason why her family was even present today was because of the fact her grandmother was the niece of some Duke.

She was below him and she wasn't as pretty as the other women in the party. If anything, she seemed so out of place in this setting. It gave him all the more to see her. And so he did. He talked to her and invited her for a dance. He never realized how hard he was falling.

Fabin Sorise, first born son of a wealthy Earl and soon to inherit a fortune and lots of property. The fact he fell for a woman who had lived humbly, made their situation ever so odd. F/n L/n did have some noble origin and yet she acted like a commoner. Every time he decided to visit her family, she was always apparently out in the town. His younger brother Fraus had been teasing him about his affections for the girl. 

"She isn't like other girls Fraus. She is just so..." Fabin says dreamily.

"Perfect." His brother finishes the sentence. "I swear you keep going on and on about her."

"I think I will invite her to our house for dinner. You should join as well. I don't think you know her."

"I don't Fabin. I have been rather busy looking for employment." Due to laws of the time, inheritance belonged to the first born solely. Even though Fabin was to inherit the money, he and Fraus got along dearly and Fabin had promised to leave half of the fortune to his brother.

"Come on. Don't you want to meet your future sister-in-law?" Fraus laughs at that. 

"Sure. If you will meet mine." Fabin perks up at that.

"You found someone?"

"I did actually. She doesn't know I am from the Sorise house and she is also of humble orgins. I met her in the town a few month back. Very sweet girl."

"Hopefully no one will throw a fit."

"Be concerned for yourself." the brothers joke. With such a close bond, Fabin believed that everything would go the way he wanted. With the woman and his brother by his side. It was during the dinner with the families, did he realize what had happened.

"Fredric?" F/n calls out when Fraus enters the dining room late.

"Anissa?" The families both are shocked to know that Fraus and F/n met each other in town and had a friendship of some sorts. He couldn't believe it. F/n was his. He had spent, since the moment of meeting her, courting her. It was impulsive, no doubt but by the end of the dinner he successfully convinced both families to allow him to marry F/n. He didn't pay attention the pained expressions both F/n and Fraus had that night.

It was only the next day did he confront Fraus. Fraus had explained to him that the woman he loved was another and that he was just really surprised to know that the person he knew as Anissa was really F/n, the woman who was currently engaged to his brother. 

As much as he wanted to believe there was nothing between the two of them, he found very hard. He couldn't bear seeing the two of them be together alone. And so he tried harder. F/n didn't hate him but she didn't love him either. He began to shower her with gifts and spent all his free time trying to please her in every way, unaware of how it made her feel as if she was pinned between a rock and a hard place.

F/n was apparently at the estate and he had bought a bouquet for her when he found out from her parents. He was told she was in the gardens by a servant. He hurries there and sees that she is talking to someone. Fraus. He quickly hides behind a pillar and listens in on their conversation.

"Please Fraus. We've been together longer. You know me better and I want to be with you." F/n says with tears welling in her eyes.

"But F/n, I can't support you the way Fabin can. I can't give you a comfortable life."

"I don't care. I know what hardships there are. We can be happy together, even if we don't have titles or money. I won't be happy with Fabin. I can only be happy with you. Let's run away if we have to but please don't say we can't be together."

"Soon F/n. On a better day. We will go where no one will know us and live happily." The two were about to embrace when Fabin drops the bouquet. The two break apart to see if anyone is there. Fabin hides behind the pillar. It wasn't fair. He proposed marriage to F/n. The woman he loved was being taken by a second son. A man who has nothing. Now that he knew what was being planned, he couldn't accept it.

He managed to convince F/n's father to have her stay with him. It is only then, he severs ties with his brother and kicks him out. As for F/n, he informs that they will be married soon and that she can never run away. Even with all his precautions he took, she still managed to escape the room he placed her in. 

Fraus was with her. His brother was an obstacle in his way. He needed to be dealt with. He brought a gun with him and he managed to find them. They ran through the woods and Fabin chased them like a madman. Fraus needed to die. He had to be taken out of the picture for his happy ending.  The couple ended up in the edge of a cliff and Fabin waves the gun crazily and begins laughing.

"If you had rejected F/n or better yet, left her alone completely, it wouldn't have come to this."

"Fabin, please come to your senses? This isn't like you?" Fraus pleads. Fabins notices how his hands are tightly intertwined with F/n's.

"Not like me? You dare say that to me. You stole the woman I love! F/n will be my wife and you just need to disappear. Besides who will miss a second son?" He aims his gun at Fraus. Just as he pulls the trigger, F/n jumps in front. Both men scream her name as she bleeds out. She whispers something to Fraus as Fabin watches in daze.

"No. No. No. F/n please. Don't die on me like this. What about our dream? F/n." Fraus cradles his dead lover's body and Fabin slowly gets closer with the gun in his hand.

"Fraus." His brother looks at him angrily.

"What are you waiting for? Shoot me. I won't run." The silence grows between the two brothers. "Fine. If you won't do it. Then I will." He grabs the gun before turning it on himself. Fabin sinks to his knees. In front of him was the woman he loved but ended up killing and his brother who killed himself because of what he has done.

It is merely days before Fabin is arrested. He admits to his crimes and is sentenced death by hanging. Even as he walks up the steps and as the noose is placed around his neck, he smiles. Maybe in this life, he wouldn't be with her, but surely the next,

"Don't worry F/n. One day we will be together again." he whispers before the floor gives way.

Bundundun. This chapter was actually the back story of some old book i wrote once upon a time and deleted, (my really old followers might know this) It was about reincarnation and the chapter i wrote up above was their past lives. I always felt that if I chose to write the story again, i should give more insight on the past lives. Chose not to but by then i had a really solid storyline so why not share it. 

The style is certainly different as it is third person and not in F/n's perspective so it maybe a bit strange. Any way I hoped you enjoyed it. ;)