9

I stood behind the bench with the other coaches as the teams were on the ice warming up. I made sure I had everything on standby in case anyone got Hurt. I could feel the players from the other team constantly looking at me but I just focused on our team.

The game started but Andres lineup wasn't on yet. I watched as Oshie and ovi started the play we worked on. "Biscuit" I yelled telling them to start the play where they cut through. They did small condescended passes until ovi went wide. a shot sending the puck into the net.

It was 1-0 caps within the first minute of the game. The game was a pretty long one until Jamie benn smashes Carlson into the board crushing his hand. Carlson dropped down to the ice and Tom went after Jamie. They instantly dropped the gloves and started fighting. Carlson was still on the ground and the ref waved me over. I quickly ran over to him carefully so I didn't fall. "Can you take the glove off?" I asked. He took the glove off and his pinky finger was bent. "Doesn't hurt that bad" he said wiggling his finger. "Because you are in shock. You can move it so it's not broken." i knew he wasn't going to get off the ice. He never does. Unless it's broken and he can see it's broken he will refuse. I tapped his pinky finger to his ring finger. "Don't bend it to far and if the pain gets worse come off" I told him before helping him up. The crowd started cheering for him and I went back to the bench. Tom was done fighting and surprisingly didn't get a penalty but Jamie did.

Andre and Tyler's line were on at the same time and they just so happened to be doing a face off together. "How does my sloppy seconds taste burks?" Tyler said hazing him. "Oh god" I whispered to myself. "It's not seconds if you never had her buddy. You're lucky you're not dead right about now. After the shit I heard you say to her. You are over" Andre clapped back his thick Swedish accent is prominent. "Oh yeah and what are you going to do about it tough guy" they both threw there gloves off grabbing each other's jerseys and they started swinging. Andre got Tyler right in the eye and Tyler fell to the ground. "don't ever talk to or about her like that again, fucking trash" Andre said to him as he escorted himself to the penalty box.

I laughed internally at Tyler as he laid on the ice coughing. I didn't want to seem like a bad person so I was quick to stop. I feel bad because andres fight was about me and he is going to get in trouble for fighting. "Two minutes penalty for Washington, Burakovsky" I watched as he skated to the sin bin his eyes stuck on Tyler ever second he was on the ice.

Carlson got hit again so I pulled him and took him to the training room. I cut the tape off and immediately started icing his hand before grabbing a finger splint. "this is going to hurt but it will feel better instantly" I told him he nodded and held his breath as I popped his finger back into place. He yelped and gritted his teeth together. I quickly slipped the splint onto his hand and he thanked me for the help after swallowing two Advil.

The game was over and we won 5-3. Everyone was in the change room now when one of the coaches walked in. "Good game boys!" He said. "Now puck time" he said pulling one of the game pucks out of his pocket. "Today's game puck goes to burks. For his first NHL fight. Normally we don't reward fighting but it was a good hit and frankly there was nothing special about everyone else and their goals" coach said causing everyone to start laughing and he tosses Andre the puck. All the guy get changed and showered quickly while some of them took ice baths.

I was going back and forth between the ice bath room and the locker room. "Sam" someone yelled from behind me. "Fuck off seguin Jesus get the hint" Andre said standing behind me back in his suit again. He started walking towards Tyler when I put my hand on his chest stopping him from walking any farther. "Please don't." I said to him looking into his eyes with plea. "Fine but if he touches you he's over" I walked towards Tyler who had my jacket and sunglasses in his hand. "Thanks" I said grabbing my stuff as I looked at his already forming black eye. "Your boy toy is pretty protective" he said glancing at Andre. "Andre and I are friends. And you don't get to judge I saw your story of you with 5 girls last night in the party bus." I told him while shifting my weight onto one foot. "And why would you care you're the one who gave up on what ever we had and told me I wasn't your boyfriend and can't act like I am" he said getting slightly angry. "Tyler there was nothing between us. The only reason I brought it up is because while we were talking people were saying "oh Tyler's a dick don't get caught up with him" meanwhile I was defending you the whole time. You clearly proved me wrong and them right" I turned around walking away with my stuff now in my hands. "You were just going to be a quick fuck anyways!" He yelled down the hall. My eyes caught onto toms and andres at the same time. I tried to stop both of them but they pushed me towards Oshie and his wife before I could do anything. "Sam help me take the kids" the wife said and I took the little girl from Oshie's arms as he ran down the hall.

We went into the training room and I let the girls play with the bags of ice. They seemed to like the ice moving around but not getting wet. "I think We found a new favourite thing to play with" the mom said. "I'm Lauren by the way" she said giving me a hug. "Nice to finally meet you. Terrible that this is the way we have to meet" I said causing her to laugh. "Boys will be boys. And assholes will be Assholes" she said whispering the last part so her two daughters couldn't hear her. "But andre, he is a sweet boy. We got him to babysit for us once and the girls love him. Same with beagles kids. He is sweet and caring and wouldn't hurt a fly unless the fly was going to hurt something he loved" she said as we sat there with the girls. "I know. Andre is amazing. I never wanted anyone to be fighting anyone. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time doing the wrong thing when I met Tyler. But Andre, he is the right thing at the right time doing the right thing"  she smiled at me and grabbed my hand giving it a little squeeze.

-
Don't forget to vote