Warnings

Hey guys!! If you don't know, this is the second installment of my series! The first is Vampire Diaries: Concrete Decisions!!

Recap

-I'm back in Mystic Falls

-I've won Damon's heart

-Klaus Mikaelson is coming for Elena

-Katherine almost killed me

-Katherine is currently missing

Now

I stare in disbelief at the cell. How did Katherine get out? I check the lock on the door. It's completely busted.

I sigh, "This is just bloody great. Damon! Stefan! Get down here!" I stare at the cell as I listen to the rushing footsteps of the Salvatore brothers. I turn my head just in time to see Damon.

His face wears worry like a mask, "what happened?"

"She's gone," I say.

"What do you mean, gone," Stefan asks. I walk into the cell, the brothers following me. They look around in surprise.

"I mean she's gone," I say again.

Damon looks at the lock on the door, "she busted out of here."

Stefan looks to me, "how much blood did you give her?"

"1.5 ounces," I say, "it was a shot glass! I've been reducing it ever since she got here. There's no way in hell she got out of here without help."

"And who would help Katherine Pierce," Damon asks, looking at me.

"I don't know," I answer.

"What's going on," Elena says, suddenly appearing at the door. She looks around the cell with her face in full surprise. She turns to me, "what happened?"

"She got out somehow," I say.

"Are you sure you didn't let her out," Alaric asks, standing in the doorway.

"Why would I let her out," I ask him.

"I don't know, maybe because she's your maker," Alaric retorts.

"She tried to kill me," I say, looking at everyone, "you can't possibly think that I let the bitch out."

"Are you sure you didn't leave it unlocked yesterday," Damon asks.

"I never even opened the door," I say, "I always left the glass right on the ledge on the window of the door." I watch as the four of them look at each other. "Please tell me that you believe me," I ask them.

Damon sighs, "We believe you, we just don't understand how Katherine could've gotten out." I stare at him in disbelief.

I shake my head, "you don't believe me." Damon starts to walk towards me, but I step back. "I'll find the bitch myself then," I say as I walk out of the door. I walk back up the stairs and grab my coat on my way out of the house. The cool breeze of autumn hits me immediately. The trees are starting to turn to their reddish-orange tint. I run through the woods, knowing this is the route the cunning Katherine Pierce would take. I listen as I run through the trees, but there's nothing out there. I stop running after I realize that there's no point. I lean against one of the trees and close my eyes. It's around five at night, though the sun is already starting to set. I sigh and listen to the birds, something that calmed me ever since I was a girl.