Caroline

Damon and I rush back to the Lockwood house. When we walk in, everyone sees our worried faces.

"What's wrong," Alaric asks.

"It's Caroline," I say, "she said that Katherine came to see her last night and she killed her."

"But wouldn't that mean she's a," Matt drifts off.

I nod, "Caroline's a vampire."

"You need to get over there then," Stefan says.

"But what about Lexi," I ask.

"I got it," Damon says, "you and Stefan should go. You two are gonna be the best people for her right now."

I look back at Damon and smile lightly, "don't put her in some random ass place. Put her somewhere where she's gonna be remembered." He nods and smiles back.

"I'm coming with you," Matt says.

"Me too," Elena adds.

"No," I say to them, "if Caroline really is a vampire then she'll be tempted to feed on you. It's better if you leave her be until she's used to it. You should go to school."

Alaric nods, "Elena can ride with me since Stefan's going with you."

Elena nods, "ok, but you are going to tell us how she is, right?"

Stefan nods, "of course." Stefan and I file out of the house and walk over to his red 1963 Porsche 356B Karmann Coupe. I open the door to the car and bring one foot in when Damon calls my name.

"Cecily, wait," he yells as he runs off the front porch. I take my foot out of the car and start to run towards Damon. He's running towards me which makes me wonder if there was something wrong. Instead when I finally reach him, he puts his arms around me and lifts me up off my feet. I flinch in surprise, but I don't resist him. He sets me down and kisses me, his hands on both sides of my face. I wrap my arms around his neck and run my hands through his soft hair. We stand there for a little bit before I pull back, smiling.

"What was that for," I ask him.

"I think we both needed that," he says, returning my smile.

I stand there smiling at him before I say, "I love you."

"I love you," he says, "please be careful."

"It's Caroline. I have 330 years on her. I'll be fine," I say, but I know why he said it. It's what I said last night and now Lexi's dead. He gives me one last kiss before I go back to Stefan's car. I get in and find Stefan's wearing a grin. "What's so funny," I ask him as he starts the car.

"Nothing," he says as he pulls the car out of the Lockwood driveway and onto the highway.

I scuff, "if you have something to say Stefan, say it."

"Ok," he says, smiling, "you two are like bipolar."

"What makes you say that," I ask him, smiling.

"Yesterday, outside the Grill it was all 'you don't need me, I don't need you' and now it's 'let's make out in the middle of the Lockwood's yard'," Stefan says laughing.

I hit him lightly on the arm, "it's not funny!"

"It kind of is," Stefan says, smiling.

I sigh, a smile still stuck across my face, "no, it's really not." I look around and notice that Stefan's driving back to the Salvatore house. "Why are we going home," I ask.

"Because you can't walk into a hospital like that," Stefan answers. I look down at my clothes and sees all the blood.

"Oh," I say. I had forgotten that the blood was there. When Stefan pulls up to the house, I run out of the car and fly up the stairs in the house. I burst through Damon's bedroom door and look through the closet. After the events of four weeks ago, Damon and I found that it was appropriate for me to move my stuff into his room, after all I was in there more than I would like to admit. I finally choose black jeans and a white blouse. I quickly change and pull my black booties on. I'm out the front door in less than three minutes. I get back in the car and Stefan drives to the hospital. On the way there, Stefan asks me something I never would've expected him to ask.