An Accident

"What," Damon demands.

I sigh, "It's a long story."

"We have the time," Stefan says. I walk over to Lexi and smile at her. She returns it and sits down next to Stefan. Now I have five pairs of eyes on me, all of them awaiting an explanation.

"You have to understand that what I did, I did to protect myself," I say.

"From who," Alaric asks.

"Katherine and her pesky followers," I say.

Damon shakes his head, "Cecily, what did you do?"

I meet his eyes and sigh, "For 140 years, I stayed at the home of the Mikaelsons, the Originals."

"You mean," Stefan asks, his eyes wide.

"I mean that the original vampires were my family," I say. Damon gets up and starts pacing. I look at him and sigh.

"Who are the original vampires," Elena asks.

"The Mikaelson family," I answer, "they're the first generation of vampires, the oldest of us."

"And the strongest," Damon snaps. I look at him. He's glaring at me.

"What," I snap.

"How could you keep this from us, from me," he demands.

"If I had told you, I would've been killed," my voice rises as I say these words.

"Maybe if you hadn't bunked down with them, you wouldn't have had to worry about that," he says, half-yelling.

"Maybe I wanted a family," I growl.

"How could you be so stupid," he asks.

"I was being stupid," I ask, "I was being smart. I figured that if I stayed with them, I would be protected."

"Protected from whom," Damon yells.

"I don't know," I scream. Damon sighs and I know that I've gone too far. I sigh and close my eyes.

"Cecily," Stefan asks carefully, "we need to know who Klaus is and what he wants."

I open my eyes and look at Stefan, "Klaus is the strongest of them. All of his siblings listen to him."

"And he's the most feared," Damon says, his eyes burning a hole through my heart.

"There's nothing to fear about Klaus," I say, "unless you get on his bad side."

"Did you," Elena asks.

I shake my head, "no; Klaus has always thought of me as his little sister."

"Well, lucky you," Damon says.

"What does he want," Alaric asks.

"Elena," I say.

Stefan's eyes snap to me, "why?" I begin to tell them the story Elijah relayed to me earlier. I tell them everything, everything from when I first met them to Elijah's visit. I tell them everything I know, not because Damon's staring at me the whole time, but because they deserve to know the truth. When I finish, everyone is either refusing to look at me or is staring at me like I'm the new girl at school.

"Now you know the whole story," I tell them. Damon hasn't moved since I yelled at him. He's just stood there and listened to what I had to say.

"There's something I don't understand," Alaric says.

"What," I ask.

"Klaus just offered you protection by living in that house," Alaric says.