Misaki's Date with Hinata

~After Misaki's shift at Maid Latte~

"So where do you want to go, Misaki-chan?"

"Me? Well, I don't know."

"I know the perfect place then!" Hinata dragged Misaki until they arrived at their destination.

"The cherry tree?" Misaki asked.

"Yeah! I thought maybe we could come back here and enjoy it."

"That's a good idea."

Hinata climbed the tree and sat on the first branch. "Come on up here, Misaki-chan! Let's sit together!" Misaki climbed up and sat next to Hinata.

"It still looks pretty from up here," Misaki said, staring at the stars.

"So, Misaki-chan," Hinata's hand came down on hers. She looked at Hinata, surprised. "I wanted to know if you would consider this as a . . . as a date."

Misaki blushed. "You-kun . . ."

"I-It doesn't have to be a date!" Hinata stuttered. Misaki laughed. "W-what's so funny?!"

"Nothing, You-kun." Misaki hugged Hinata, and he blushed.

"Misaki-chan?"

"It's okay, You-kun." Hinata hugged her back. Misaki felt something soft on her cheek. Hinata had kissed her cheek. "You-kun . . ."

"You love Takumi, don't you?"

"W-what? No I don't!"

"You don't have to hide it anymore, Misaki-chan. I see the way you look at him, the way your face turns red every time you see him. I've seen you kiss him, Misa-chan. You love him. Why do you try so hard to hide it?"

Misaki sighed. "I don't know. I've always thought he was a perverted alien, but he always seems to be there when it counts. And he's told me so many times that he loves me."

"He really does love you, Misaki-chan. He's always looking out for you. He's everything I can't be for you. He's more mature than I am."

"You-kun, don't talk that way."

"But it's true. I love you, Misaki-chan, but you love him."

"You-kun . . ." Hinata had finally admitted his feelings. Misaki knew how he felt because of his actions sometimes, but she never thought he would say it out loud.

"It's okay, Misaki-chan. I'll be fine." Hinata smiled slightly. Misaki grabbed his face.

"Don't you remember what I told you? Never lie about your feelings!" Tears fell down her cheeks.

"You're not the one who's supposed to be crying, Misaki-chan." Hinata wiped the tears off her face. Hinata made Misaki look at him. "It makes me sad to see you like this." Hinata pulled her close, holding her gently. Misaki blushed as her heart beat faster. She looked up at him, and he grabbed her chin. He pulled her face to his, kissing her. More tears ran down her cheek. "Don't feel guilty, Misaki-chan. I had to do that, just once."

"You-kun . . ." Misaki and Hinata held each other tight for a long time, then Hinata finally spoke.

"I should get you home. Come on." Hinata got down first, then when Misaki was close enough, he grabbed her by the waist and set her down. They started walking, then Hinata said, "But you're staying at his place, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am." Hinata held Misaki's hand and walked her all the way to Usui's apartment.

"Thanks for bringing her home, Shintani-kun," Usui said when he saw them.