Kanou's secret crush?!

~The next day at Seika High~

"Yukimura, go take care of the rest of these," Misaki said, handing Yukimura the stack of forms he gave her a few days before.

"Yes, Kaichou!" Yukimura took the forms and ran out of the room. Misaki laughed as she watched him leave.

"You're very dependable, Yukimura. I'm glad I have you in the student council, as well as a friend."

"Hey, Kaichou, do you have a minute?" Kanou let himself in.

"What is it, Kanou-kun?" Kanou came close to Misaki's face, looking into her eyes. His face was red with blush.

"Kaichou . . ." Kanou pulled Misaki out of her seat.

"Kanou-kun! Put me down!" Misaki got flustered.

"I need your help. There's . . . someone I want to ask to prom, but . . ."

"You're finally have a crush, Kanou? Good for you!" Misaki pat him on the shoulder. "What is it exactly you want to do for her?"

"That's the problem. I have no idea." Kanou hung his head in embarrassment.

"I'll help you."

Kanou's head snapped up. "What?"

"I said I'll help you."

"Really?"

"Of course."

"What should I do? How do I catch her attention?"

"Well, you could give her a flower."

"A . . . flower?" Misaki nodded.

"Yes. It's simple but romantic. And you wouldn't want to scare her by overdoing it."

"What kind of flower would you want to recieve?"

That caught Misaki by surprise. "Huh? Me? Well, I like lotus flowers."

"Lotus?"

"Yes. They're very pretty. I especially like the white ones." Misaki blushed and looked at the floor.

"I see. I have to go now. I'll be back." Kanou rushed out of the room.

"That was strange . . ." Misaki rubbed her head and sat down. A few minutes later, Kanou came rushing back into the classroom. He walked up to Misaki, his hands behind his back.

"Kaichou . . ." Kanou held out a beautiful white lotus flower. "Will you . . . go to prom with me?"

"Kanou . . ." Misaki blushed. Kanou got down on one knee, grabbed Misaki's hand and set the flower in her plam.

"Please. It would make me . . . very happy." Kanou's face was bright red.

"I hadn't planned on going, Kanou."

"If the flower can't persuade you, then I'll have to do it myself." Kanou stood up.

"Kanou, I-"

Kanou kissed Misaki. He was still blushing, and his arms were wrapped around her. She didn't move. She just stood there, stunned. He pulled back after a moment, then looked Misaki in the eyes.

"I like you, Kaichou."

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but she belongs to me." Kanou was jerked back, and Usui's face appeared.

Misaki jumped. "Usui!"

"If you touch her again, I'll tear your throat out. Be prepared for it." Kanou and Usui glared at each other.

Misaki scratched her head. "Where have I seen this before?"

Usui grabbed Kanou by the arm and threw him out of the room, closing the door. He walked over to Misaki and and kissed her. "When will they realize you're mine?"

"How many times do I have to remind you, I'm not your belonging-"

Usui kissed her again. "I want you all to myself. You're mine, Ayuzawa, and you know it." Usui's lips took hers again, and Misaki was too flustered to do anything about it.

"Wait, Usui . . ." Usui kissed her neck. "Takumi . . ." Usui's head popped up, looking into her eyes.

"Ayuzawa . . ." Usui held Misaki close, just hugging her. Even holding her got his heart racing. Misaki was his one and only weakness.

"Takumi! Don't touch Misaki-chan!" Hinata was standing in the doorway with a quivering Kanou.

"Kanou! Are you okay?" Misaki went over to Kanou and touched his shoulder.

"Uh . . . yes, I'm fine. Thanks, Kaichou." Kanou looked at the ground, hiding his red face.

"What do you want, Shintani?"

"Oh, right. Yukimura wants to talk about the decorating for the dance."

"Oh, of course. Let's go. You too, Kanou-kun."

"Yes." Hinata and Kanou followed Misaki out of the room. Usui sighed.

"Why does everyone else want to steal my Misaki?"

~In Seika's Gym~

"Okay, so this is how the lights will be set up . . ." Misaki drew the gym on a blueprint and placed the lights. She picked the best places for picture taking, the music booth, and a spot for the food table.

"This looks great, Kaichou!"

"Thanks, Yukimura. Now, let's do a walkthrough. Wait, where's Usui?" Misaki turned around and of course Usui was there to greet her with a kiss. "Baka! Don't do that in public!"

"Why not, Ayuzawa?"

"Because people will know!" Misaki flinched at her own words. Why was she still afraid of people knowing she was with Usui? She shouldn't be any more, she has no reason to be afraid, right? There wasn't any real harm in people knowing. And yet, she still brushed him off in public, like she always has. Maybe . . . maybe it was time for a small change. "Usui . . ."

"Kaichou, can you help us please?" Yukimura waved at Misaki.

"Yes." Misaki walked over to Hinata and Yukimura. "What do you need?"

"Can you help us measure this pillar? We need to know how long we need to cut the lights here"

"Sure." Misaki climbed the ladder and stretched the measuring tape out along the pillar. "Looks like about-whoa!" The three idiots ran past, knocking the ladder. "H-hey! No run-" Misaki's foot slipped off the ladder.

"Kaichou!" Misaki landed and something soft. She opened her eyes, and saw-

"Kanou?! Are you okay?!"

"Yes, I'm fine. What about you, Kaichou?"

"I'm fine! Why would you do that?!"

"Because I love you, Kaichou. I would do anything for you."

Misaki stood up and hit Kanou in the head, her face bright red. "Baka." She walked back to the ladder and climbed it again.

Kanou sighed. "I see my feelings will not be returned."

"Uh, Kanou-kun, are you alright?" Yukimura helped him up.

"Yes yes, I'm fine."

"Do you want me to get you anyhting?"

"No."

Yukimura put his hand on Kanou's shoulder. "If you need anything, let me know." They stared at each other for a minute, then Yukimura blushed. "Uh, we can hang out later then." Yukimura pat Kanou's shoulder awkwardly then ran over to help Misaki.

Kanou turned and walked away. "That was strange . . . was Yukimura blushing?"