Countdown to Prom: 3 Days

~The next day at Maid Latte~

"As you can see, Misaki is in desperate need of my help!" Sakura and Misaki stood before Chief, explaining why she wouldn't be able to work today.

Chief smiled and waved her hand back and forth excitedly. "Oh, don't worry about it! Go ahead and have some fun! You can make up for it later."

Sakura squealed and hugged Chief. "Thank you thank you thank you! Come on Misaki, we've got a lot of ground to cover!" Sakura grabbed Misaki's wrist and dragged her out of Maid Latte. "This is going to be so much fun!" Sakura gushed.

Misaki smiled as she watched Sakura. "Yes, it will."

~A few hours later, at a very high-end store~

This is not fun! Misaki thought as she stared into the mirror. Sakura had picked out a very pink, very poofy, very girly dress. "Oh, it looks great on you, Misaki!"

Misaki's eyebrow twitched. "Y-yeah . . ."

"It looks horrible, Sakura." Shizuko had appeared out of nowhere.

"Huh? But Misaki likes it, don't you?" Sakura asked, her eyes practically shining.

"Well, uh, it certainly is girly."

"See?" Sakura stuck her tongue out at Shizuko.

Shizuko pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose. "Misaki, if you haven't noticed, will try anything to keep the people she loves happy. So even if she didn't like it, there's no way she'd tell you anyway, so I figured I'd come help her voice her opinion since she's timid to do it herself."

"Thank you, Shizuko." Misaki sighed with relief.

~A few hours later~

After many rejections from Misaki and Shizuko, Sakura finally picked one out that appealed to Misaki. "This one's really pretty. How much is it?" Misaki almost fainted when she looked at the price tag. "Fifty-thousand yen?!"

"What?! It can't be that much!" Sakura grabbed the tag, her eyes sweeping over it in a panick.

Misaki sighed. "There's nothing we can do about it. I don't really like blue, anyways."

Sakura looked disappointedly at the floor, then her face lit up. "I have an idea. Be right back."

A few minutes later, Sakura emerged from the sea of dresses with a dress hanging over her arm. "This one will be perfect, trust me." She handed it to Misaki, and Misaki held it up in front of her.

"This color green . . . it's the same color as Usui's eyes."

"Exactly," Sakura said nostalgically. "And it's only one-hundred and fifty yen." Misaki stared at the dress, Usui's face in her mind. And his eyes, his beautiful emerald eyes. "Come on Misaki, I'll help you change."

Sakura went into the changing room with Misaki. When they came out, Shizuko smiled happily. "You look great, Misaki."

Misaki stared at herself in the mirror. She was blushing, embarrassed by the attention. Sakura smiled sweetly behind her, putting her hands on Misaki's shoulders reassuringly. "Usui-kun will love it, Misaki."

"I hope so," she whispered.

"Alright come on and take it off so I can pay for it," Sakura said.

"Huh? But I can't let you do that!"

"It's okay, Misaki. I already agreed to help Sakura pay for the dress."

"You too, Shizuko?" Misaki looked at her two best friends, then smiled. "I truly have the most wonderful friends. Thank you."