Odin and Kain Chapter 2

***A/N Sorry for the late update. Some unforeseen events have happened in the last few days causing me to be unable to update. This story goes on in the same universe as Drake and William's story and they do tie in, in someway. ;3 A way I cannot say, until the end of this chapter. Enjoy!!!***

Odin's POV

When I saw him, it felt like my breath had been knocked out of me, like my whole being, soul and all, had been set alight. He was, literally, breathtaking. His fear filled, soft brown doe-eyes looked out into the crowed as he stood naked and flawless on his rotating pedestal. His skin was a perfect milky white. His hair was that of a pixie, short and wispy and light brown. He had little nubs of antlers protruding slightly from his forehead. One of his ears was pinned against his head while the other was pointing up to the heavens twitching slightly when he thought he heard something.

I slammed my hand against the red button beside me and turned to the man whispering a price above and beyond the current bidding price. I informed him I could pay in cash, and to treat him gently as they brought him to me. He swiftly left.

***********

I stood outside the pick up area waiting for them to bring my, for lack of a better word, muse to me. I rubbed the stubble on my chin as I pondered which medium I should use to personify him on paper or even canvas. I would decide later, using his personality as a guide.

The door opened and I stared in wonder as he stepped out. He squinted slightly against the sun. When the bald, burly man who was holding his leash presented him to me a quickly to ahold of it and shooed him away. I turned on my heal and began to walk to my car. He followed without missing a beat. I opened the passenger side door for him and ushered him in. The silence was..uncomfortable. I then walked to the drivers side and hoped in, starting the car and driving into the fashion district.

I decided to break the silence. "So, what's your name?"

"I was called Kain by my mother, and "a nuisance" by my father. Please, call me as you wish though, sir." I checked his face then went back to watching the road. He had a pained expression.

"My name is Odin Scott. I'm going to call you Kain, and I ask that you call me Odin. Tell me about yourself."

"What would you like to know?" His voice was as sweet as fresh watermelon on a hot summer's day.

"Anything and everything."

"I don't know where to start, Odin." He lowered his head slightly, looking down at his interlocked fingers.

"What's your favorite color?" And with that the small talk began and continued all the way to Clarie's boutique.

***************

August 28th, 4567

I sat in one of the cushy chairs in my shaggy blonde headed cousins home. A muscular and physically defined looking cat-hybrid served me some tea then took his seat next to my cousin. The young man flipped his bangs in front of his stunning blue eyes when he noticed I was staring. I spoke. "So, when do you want me to do the portrait?"

He grasped the young man's hand and squeezed it gently, giving him a look of complete affection. "In a few weeks. After Drake and I finish all the details."

"Sure, sounds find to me." I got up and started to head out the door. I could hear Will's footsteps behind me.

"Odin, one more thing."

"Yeah?" I turned and my eyes widened.

***A/N HAHAHA I FEEL SO EVIL LEAVING IT LIKE THAT. On a side note, I hope you all like this little side story, and I also hope it holds you all over until Slave becomes an actual, physically tangible book. It will be a while though you guys. I'm sorry for that but I want it to be perfect. Leave comments! Draw fanart! Message me!!! I wanna hear y'all's feedback!!!***