Chapter 8

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks with his eyes glowing. Those emerald green eyes that I'm so in love with. The ones I always want to see and the ones I'm always lost in.

He makes me happy.

I am happy.

Why would I let this one opportunity to be with the one I love slip?

"Yes, yes I'll be your girlfriend" I squeal in excitement.

He doesn't say anything.

Oh my God, he's not even breathing.

That's when I realize, he was shot.

Just then I jolt up.

I'm sitting on my bed?

That was one hella nightmare.

I check my clock and realize it's only 4:00AM.

I roll out of bed and start cleaning my room since I doubt I'll be able to sleep again. This week has been tiring and I haven't gotten the chance to do some cleaning in here, there are clothes everywhere, so I guess this is good timing.

I finish half an hour early and I'm surprised at the fact that I'm able to finish this early, knowing my closet alone can take at least two hours due to the number of clothes and shoes I own.

My parents aren't rich, but they try as much as possible to give me everything I want and need. Due to this, each waking day I am grateful. I am comfortable and I happy. I don't need them to be categorized due to the properties they own. Society has become greedy for money and people because we the same people have put out categories to determine how important someone is. From rich, to middle class, to poor, and so many others that undermine people for what they truly are.

I don't need my parents to be billionaires before I appreciate the efforts they are making for me to become a responsible person some day.

I head downstairs and start with the kitchen, I sweep, mop, clean the counters and rearrange everything in the freeze and refrigerator.

I should have reminded mom to stock it up yesterday for the house, but I can do that after I'm done with the cleaning the house.

I finish the kitchen and realize it's 5:00AM. I start with the living room and finish in no time since there's not much to do there.

I just clean the coffee table, the t.v. and rearrange the cushions and dust the sofa and mop the floors.

I go upstairs to my room, take a shower, change into something simple and head out for grocery shopping.

I grab the cart when I get there and buy a lot of foodstuff such as milk, cheese, pasta, butter, eggs, wines, frozen chicken, spices, sauces, sausage, bacon, sugar, rice, spaghetti, and a whole lot, I also bought a bit of baby food. I also buy a pack of frozen fries and burgers, frozen pizza, ketchup and some vegetables like cilantro, cilantro pepper, lettuce, carrots among others.

You can only imagine, I bought a lot of stuff.

"How much will these be?" I ask the lady at the counter

"Please give me a moment, there are a lot of stuff you bought here, having any programme?" She asks while checking for the prices.

"Yeah my mom is having a baby shower tomorrow so I skipped school today to get the preparations done" I say while bring out my credit card

"Ok it's all going to sum up to $750" she says

"Ok, here you go" I hand her the card

"So what's your name?" She asks

"Dakota, Dakota McCann" I say

"Oh, are you James McCann's daughter?"

"Yes, he comes here to shop a lot right? I know, he even located me to this place" I say

"Yeah, my name is Jordan Tori Kurean "

"Wow, you have a beautiful name, I'm impressed. Ok now, I have to go, I have a lot of things to do, meet you sometime? You could even give me your number"

"Ok it's 567-233-456"

"Ok, I'll call you, bye!" I say and storm out of the supermarket

If only I'm really going to have the time to call her.

Wow. This is beautiful. Everything is on point. The baby shower decorations are just fabulous. I'm going to make sure dad pays these guys well.

"This is beautiful guys, thank you" I tell them

"Sure thing miss, we'll leave now, our company will send you the bill" their leader says

"Thank you" I say and they leave

After I came from the supermarket, mom and dad said they had something doing so I left them to it.

I called the decorating agency to get this beautiful decoration done. And they did a wonderful job.

I call the caterers that'll bring the food tomorrow for the programme, we've already arranged food and drinks

I can't wait for this thing to be over.

I'll be so glad!