Chapter 40

I get up from my bed early and start getting ready. Today is Monday, and I have to return back to Weinstein High. Natalie has been better over the past days. She's home now. Turns out they did need more blood but also turns out I have to take the papers here whether I like it or not since it's starting today. So as I stand before my closet, I try to see what to wear up. How do I feel? I don't even anymore. But I think this will do

I take my bag and get down the stairs.

Soon I'm at school, and for the record I walked. But that didn't stop me from being early. As I make my way in to the hallways, I hear whispers of how I disappeared and I'm back suddenly. But I don't pay attention to them. I knew people will talk. That's all they've ever done in this school anyways.

But what I see immediately has me freezing in my spot. Where I always used to wait for Jason, incase he took long during practice, or he wanted to grab a book. His locker. There he stood with Faye, shoving their tongues down each other's throat. Pathetic! I see Jason looking at me from the corner of his eye. But I ignore him, and make my way to the first exam of the day. English Literature.

Jason's POV

After she left, memories of her refuse to leave me. No matter how hard I try. It's like their imprinted in my soul. Anytime I see anything that reminds me of her, I find myself automatically smiling. Her images wither in the atmosphere, it's like I see her everywhere. One minute she's there and the next she's not. It makes me go crazy sometimes. As I make my way to the hallways, as an addition to my routine, I glance at her locker and a memory of her pops up. I wish she would've spoken to me at least for five minutes before she left. I just wish she should've made me feel worth more than a letter.

I reach my locker and try to take a book to glance through before my first exam, English Literature.

Keyword: try

I don't even get to touch it before Faye comes my way. Ever since Dakota left I don't know who told her she has a chance with me. But it's going through my head. It's frustrating me. And if she doesn't stop I swear I'm gonna sin.

"Hey babe" she purs like a hungry cat. As if she's hungry. That she is, but unfortunately not for food. Me not being available is what she doesn't get. I sometimes wonder where Seth is. But as usual, they do what they want.  

"How many times do you want me to repeat one phrase?: Send your thirst somewhere else" I say exasperated

From nowhere she plants her lips on mine. I start to push her off me but what my eyes flicker to close by makes me freeze. There she stands, looking like she wants to gag. As if she knows someone is watching, she catches my eye and moves out of sight.

I quickly push Faye off me

"Stay away from me. This is the last warning" I say and storm off. Not waiting for her reply, still in daze of seeing Dakota.

Did I really see right? Or is it just my eyes playing jokes with me? Are my imaginations wondering off?

I enter the exam hall and that's where I confirm it. It was her I saw.

There's one thing for sure. I'm not over her like I thought I was.

And moreover, I'm so gonna fail this subject I more than ace at when she sits looking that ravishing.