Chapter 3 - Needles, bruises and medication.

It's never easy to push a needle through your skin. Especially when it leaves bruises, even if it is a very tiny needle about 3 or 4 millimetres long.

I use a butterfly needle, it's really tiny. It's a four millimetre needle because it just has to go through the skin to release the insulin into your system, but sometimes the needles leave bruises. Especially when the needle is blunt. If it's blunt them it also struggles to go through the skin, which causes the needle to leave bruises.

Eventually after using a injection for a really long time, the tissue of your legs or where ever you inject yourself gets a bit hard, because of the constant injecting three times a day and eventhough you inject on several different places and swap legs, it still happens unfortunately, and after a while when you inject, on places where the tissue has hardened, the injected insulin the tissue rises and creates a little bump underneath the skin, but it only lasts for a few min or so and it also hurts a little sometimes.

Now there's one good thing about being a type 1 diabetic: You get to choose your medication. Now all type 1 diabetics use insulin. This insulin can come as an injection pen or a little glass bottel about 10ml long with an injection pen with water inside, which you have to inject into the little bottel with the injection mix and then mix the water and mix within the little bottel and then reinject the mix into the injection and then inject the insulin into your body.

The injection pen however works differently, you count the carbs within your food and the calulate the number of units and then inject the insulin based on how much units you need for your meal.

In some cases your doctor might tell you your blood sugar levels aren't coming down to a normal level, which is usually above 5 but below 10, so then the doctor might subscribe you a pill to help get them down but it doesn't always work.

-♥-

Remember:
No matter how hard this is for you. No matter the pain, never give up. One day you will be rewarded for all this good work or be rewarded for trying your best. Also this may seem difficult at first but over time it will become easier.

Much love,

Karla ❤