Let's Find Out Where We Are?

"So, like, is this what you did after you and Sophie escaped?" Keefe asked, standing beside the ATM.

Dex nodded. "Yeah, it's probably how I manifested."

"Wait - this is how you manifested?"

"I know, weird, right? Honestly, I didn't think it'd be with human technology." Dex smiled as he fumbled with a few buttons.

Keefe shook his head. "No, I mean, doesn't it bother you that you were only able to manifest after some sort of trauma?"

"Not really. I guess I've just never thought of if like that." Dex said, stepping back as cash flew out of the bottom of the machine.

"Whoa!" Keefe smiled. "That's so cool! I always forget how awesome it is to watch your work."

Dex blushed as he picked up the loads of cash, tucking in his pocket after looking around to make sure no one was watching before he turned off the obscurer. "Thanks."

"Good thing Mr. Evil-Ogre-Dude let us keep this bad boy." Keefe said, tossing the gadget up and down as he lead Dex down the street, reading the signs in an attempt to find some sort of shop for food.

Dex smirked. "Did you know that apparently in France there's a legend about me."

"What?" Keefe whipped around. "You mean, like how they made up some sort of Loki dude who did it with horses because of Forkle?"

"No, I don't think it's that popular, but Amy and her school went to France a few months ago and heard someone talk about it. Apparently I'm known as the 'Silent ATM Robber.'"

"That's not fair..." Keefe trailed off before his eyes went wide with a realization. "What if we found Amy? I mean, she has a connection with Sophie. If we found her, we could make it back home if we can't get the Verespa-thinking caps off!"

Dex's eyebrows shot up. How had he not thought of that? "Do you remember her address?"

"I think so.  Sophie gave it to me a little over a year ago."

"Then we just need to find out where we are! Come on!" Dex yelled, running down the side walks with Keefe hot on his tail. He looked into the shop windows for computers, dodging a few people.

"Do you think we could just ask somebody where we are?" Keefe asked, huffing behind Dex.

"No. Wouldn't it be weird if we were in Atlantis and someone just came up to us and asked where they were?"

"I hate it when you make good points."

"I thought you called me the smart one." Dex laughed, turning around to look at Keefe.

Keefe rolled his eyes. "That was then, and this is now, Dizznee. I'm thinking of rebuking your ti-"

He was cut off by giggles from a bunch of school girls to his right.

Dex blushed and turned around. "I forgot about all of that."

Keefe snickered before waving to the girls, making a few of them giggle even more. He ran up to walk next to Dex, leaning in his ear to whisper something. "If anyone asks either of us, we're dating each other, got it?"

"Excuse you?" Dex asked, moving away from Keefe.

"Look, I really don't feel like pretending Foster is my girlfriend when she's not even here to 'prove' it. And besides, this is the human world. They're more accepting than most elves in the Lost Cities."

"Why not be brothers though?" Dex grumbled. "I'm only pretending to date you if someone tries to make moves."

"You got it, Dexy."