AiRpOrTs

I don't remember much of this airport to be honest, so please forgive me if some (most) of this is somehow wrong.  My only memories of that place are of me sitting on the ground eating a stale muffin, rubbing my sick, half conscious friend's back while I was on about two hours of sleep.
.-.

The airport wasn't as big as Keefe and Dex thought it'd be.  In fact, it was way smaller.  With only a bit less people than they thought there'd be.  And neither one of them could tell if it was a blessing or a curse as they pushed their way through the occasional crowd.

Eventually, they made it up to the counter where there were people paying for tickets.

"What can I help you with?"  The lady asked.

Dex turned to Keefe, expecting him to talk.

Keefe rolled his eyes at him but spoke up anyways.  "We're actually just wondering when the next flight for San Francisco is."

She nodded and began looking at her computer screen, pulling back up after a moment to address them again.  "It's scheduled to leave in about a little over an hour."

Keefe nodded.  "Alright, thank you."

Dex dragged him back to the front doors where they hid behind a group of boys wearing ridiculously large backpacks.  Turning on the obscurer, Dex looked around to make sure no one had seen them.

"Okay, so are we just gonna find where the place we need to go is by looking or..."

Keefe face palmed.

"Yeah, you forgot to ask.  We know.  Let's just follow the signs or something."

"Okay, sorry about that."  Keefe said, following Dex as he made his way back through the crowds.

As the two walked in circles, hopelessly following signs, Keefe began to talk again.

"You know what sucks?"  He asked.

"That we can't find where to go?"

"No.  That we didn't get to do anything while we were here."

Dex gave an 'ugh' sort of sound.  "Please don't tell me you're wanting to stay even longer."

"Well no, not really.  But I mean, we didn't get to see any plays on Broadway or go to any cool stores and get something to say we've been here or-"

"They have stores here."  Dex said, coming to a stop in front of a shop directly across from them.  "Would going inside and maybe getting something quell your thirst?"

Keefe smiled happily as he dragged Dex into the store as his answer.

Inside the small store were many, many tourist merchandise.  Thankfully, there weren't as many people.  The shelves were filled with things like mugs with weird sayings on them, shirts that said 'I <3 New York,' and other items like pens and journals.  A little to the left was a fridge and freezer full of food and drinks as well.

Keefe's grin stretched even bigger as he walked over to one of the shelves holding some of the shirts.  He picked up a blue one and held it against Dex.

"What are you doing?"  Dex asked.

"Seeing if it'd fit you,"  Keefe said simply.

Dex looked at how the shirt went down to his slim thighs.  "Yeah, I think it's a little big."

Keefe smirked and held the article of clothing out to Dex.  "I think it's an adorable size for you."

Carefully taking it from his hands, Dex stared at it.  "You realize I'd only wear this to bed?"

"Oh."  Keefe said with a frown, taking back the shirt and putting it back.

"You don't have to pout."  Dex said, reaching for the shirt again.

Keefe's hand stopped him by grabbing onto his wrist and dragging it towards a sweatshirt that said the same thing and had the same color.  "If you're gonna wear it to bed you might as well have sweater paws."

Dex rolled his eyes as Keefe picked it up and held it up to Dex's body again, nodded, then forced Dex to grab onto it.

Keefe grabbed a matching one for himself.

As the two continued throughout the store, Dex turned over the sweatshirt to see the price.  "Twenty... Why are humans so pricey?"

"Why are elves so crystaly?"

Dex let out a frustrated sigh as Keefe laughed.

.-.

Ending the chapter here because I don't know where to go after this! :D
Sorry it was so short.  There will be a bigger one next time.