Chapter 6

Audra's P.O.V. 

"Wow, that's the first time I slept through the night," I muttered while getting up and getting ready for work. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and threw my hair into a high pony tail before walking down the stairs. 

"Good morning," I yawned while walking into the kitchen and grabbing an apple. 

"What the hell were you thinking falling asleep in the middle of the forest?!" Grayson yelled to me while walking into the kitchen behind me. 

"Calm yourself, your sister just woke up and you're already yelling at her," I heard Anthony say. I looked at him in the doorway and suddenly started choking on the apple that was in my mouth. 

Grayson rushed to get me a water while Anthony was patting my back lightly. I ended up coughing the apple into the sink before taking the glass of water from Grayson. 

"I thought you were staying at college?" I questioned, really surprised that he was with us and not at college. I thought the whole point of going was to show Grayson around and drop Anthony off with his roommate. 

"The college is closed down for a week because of the bear attack that took place last night," my eyes widened as I now understood why Grayson would be flipping out on me for falling asleep in the forest when that happened the same night. 

"I'm sorry for worrying you Grayson," I said while giving him a hug. He can be a real pain sometimes, but he is still family and we have to stick together. 

"Just, no more going out into the woods, it's getting to be too dangerous," Grayson said while hugging me back. I smiled while letting go and walking into Anthony who immediately hugged me. 

"Thank you Anthony for helping get the apple out of my mouth. Oh you're so welcome Audra," Anthony said while hugging me. 

"You are going to make me drop my water," I said while he started being over dramatic and acting like I actually hurt his feelings. 

"Get over it you big cry baby," I said while walking out of the kitchen while eating the rest of my apple and setting my water back on the table. 

"We going into work soon?" I questioned my dad, knowing that it was around six in the morning and we had to get going since the cafe was going to open by seven. 

"Yea, let's go. We'll see you boys in about two hours," dad said while we both walked out of the house and into his car. Dad seemed a lot more relaxed even after everything that happened yesterday. 

"You ok?" I questioned while taking in his appearance just to be on the safe side. 

"Yea, just worried about Grayson leaving and if you're going to go to college and leave me too. I know I'm selfish to want to keep you kids here, but I also don't want you to leave the nest so soon," dad admitted with a sad voice. 

"Awe, dad your birds will always come back to the nest. Home is where the heart is," I said while giving him a hug and a kiss after he parked in the parking lot. I jumped out of the car and headed into work while dad was smiling. 

"Let's get the day started," I said while unlocking the door and seeing two other co workers walk into the cafe with us. 

We started to get the stoves and ovens warmed up along with the coffee pot makers so that everything would be ready to make once customers started to come in. 

"I'm going to need you to be the host for today, she called out sick with the flu," dad said while handing me the host apron that had a pen and paper already in the pockets. 

I took a look at the paper where all the tables and numbers were and was curious with how busy it was going to be today. 

***